Help me PS this photo please

tran_ng

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone , I took this picture but I just can't figure out how to modofy it.
or maybe it's just not sharp enough even if i used a tripod. it was taken during sunset, should i go back in the morning to get it with the sun in my back? or maybe black and white?
4423261317_e014cb89a5.jpg

thanks for your help!

IMHO. I think the problem is that the picture almost seems monochromatic already. Everything is white or dark, really no color except the small amount in the sky. I would work on the sky a little. You could use a gradiant overlay with some color, or even just black or white gradiant and then switch the layer mode to like color burn or whatever, just tinker around.

IMHO. I think the problem is that the picture almost seems monochromatic already. Everything is white or dark, really no color except the small amount in the sky. I would work on the sky a little. You could use a gradiant overlay with some color, or even just black or white gradiant and then switch the layer mode to like color burn or whatever, just tinker around.

Same here, try a little more sky with the, and in morning as well. very good photo though

Here's my quick attempt:

EditTest.jpg

some burning, levels, saturation, tone, and dodging:

2v0xu1j.jpg

Last edited:
Oh thanks! it looks much better! I'm returning tommorow morning but the scene has changes a lot

49jwza3z-1.jpg

adjust levels
adjust contrast
adjust saturation/ replace color
sharpen
gradient layer overlay (to give a GND effect on the sky)

Last edited:
Played around with some gradients & what not. Slight glamour glow. Mild vignette. :)
w7h1lc.jpg

I agree. :thumbup:

I played too. I sparated the image into 3 parts: land, sky, water.

Each wa selected in turn and and an exposure adjutment layer made.
The sky also got Vibrance and Hue/Sat adjustment layer layers.

I did some selective dodging and ran the image through Topaz Detail using the 'Creative Detail Accent' preset.

I then ran one of my mat/fame actions.

Edit4423261317_e014cb89a5.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my attempt:
editthis-edited.jpg

Fiddled with the colors in Viveza, did some Color Contrast, and a little Darken/Lighten Center to help bring the eye up to the sky (for me that's the focus, anyway; I love sunsets!). The sunset is oversaturated 'cause I just did this quickly to post it for ya.

Wow! Thank everyone ... i'm pretty much a noob with photoshop so do you have any websites or anything to help me edit my photos?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back