Help me shoot indoors!

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got my first dslr yesterday and I'm a newb. Whenever I use P mode and shoot indoors even during the day. Everything is a little dark and has a strong yellow and orange hue. How do I shoot indoors and get lifelike results without a flash? I'm here to learn!

Read your camera manual.

The yellow and orange hue is likely from tungsten lighting. You need to set the white balance on your camera to the setting for tungsten lights. We might be able offer more specific info but you don't mention what equipment you are using.

To get life-like results without flash you need a lens that can open to a wide aperture like f/1.4.

oh sorry to be unclear! My equipment info is now in my signature. I use Olympus e-510 with ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens. Playing around with some settings i got some better results using A mode and opening the aperture. also P mode helped. When i complained in my previous post I was indoors kind of close to a window but there was no unnatural light, just daylight so i dont think it was tungsten WB problem. I cant wait to learn more!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back