Help me shop for my 30D!!!!

placeonthecorner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raisingmissjune.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok, so ive FINALLY decided im going to buy a 30D. I have sold everything i own, and ive managed to save approx £1000 (i dont own that much). So how should i go about buying the 30D. Body only then buy the lens, or maybe a bundle offer?.. any advice would be much appreciated as i just cant seem to decide which would be best. I want this camera to help me through art scholl for the next 3 years so it will be used to do a bit of everything.
(i can go maybe a little more than £1000)
Thanx:)

I bought mine off ebay about 2 months ago. The bundle came with the body, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 "kit" lense, 2GB card, tripod, and lense cleaning kit. All for $950+ shipping. I would suggest looking there. Just make sure the person has lots of good feed back.

Do you already have a lens that would work? If so, then it's probably best to buy the body only.

hiya. no i just thought i could spend the extra £500 or so on a decent lens rather than the bundle one.. but i have no idea when it comes to lenses.. is the 17-85 good?

I bought my 30d from ebay for a song.I got a 430ex 75-300mm and the 18-55 lens for $1200 usd.

I have looked at ebay and the body only cameras seem to be going for about $850 usd.

Thinking about selling mine and getting the 40d.

Be sure the seller is verified and has 2,000usd coverage for fraud.

thanx for the reply.. sounds good but i hate that lens!!!.. i also want to by the body new.. but thanx for the suggestion!!! much appreciated!
Yeah, I ended up selling that lense because it is horrible, and the body was new by the way. I still think ebay would be your best bet.

I would usually avoid bundles because they are usually loaded with mediocre equipment. Rather get the body and add a lens that would be the best price to performance that I can afford. The EF-S 17-85 is a pretty good lens to start.
If your willing to wait a few more days, the 40D should be out by late September. Price may drop a bit on the 30D as vendors try to move the older model.

What would be a reasonable price to expect 30D to come down to when the 40 hits the market?

30D bodies are going for about $950 right now. A drop from the $1200 it came out at. With the significant improvements made to the 40D, I would not be surprised by a drop to the low $800's.

ok, so i just got my 30D.. it was a bit sudden, but i think i got a good deal.. i got a second hand (14mnths old, 1400 frames) 30d with canon 17-85 lens and a lowapro bag.. got it for £580... good deal?:thumbdown::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back