480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got word today I'm in for a $500 windfall..... a cash-only performance bond I posted 13 years ago is being refunded to me as it is no longer needed. NAS is a terrible disease that must attended to.

My first thought was to pick up a used Nikon PB-6 bellows. Then perhaps a 24 or 28mm lens I can put on it in reverse. But I'm open to suggestions!

How about an SB800 or even an AB800, light stand, and softbox?

How about an SB800 or even an AB800, light stand, and softbox?

I've already got two 300ws monolights, with 3 umbrellas and one softbox.

DSC_6480.jpg

I have an SB600 that works just fine for field work.

500 bucks could get you an Arc Flash Suit so you don't end up like the guy in your avatar. :wink:

Do you have teleconverters? Light tent? CS6? Lightroom 4? 35-70 2.8?

Personally, if somebody handed me $500, I would probably buy a really nice ball head or a thinktank bag.

500 bucks could get you an Arc Flash Suit so you don't end up like the guy in your avatar. :wink:

$500 don't go far when it comes to arc-flash suits.
1111th_smiley_electrocute.gif

Do you have teleconverters? Light tent? CS6? Lightroom 4? 35-70 2.8?

TC won't work on my 70-300, and I have both a 500 and 600. (I'd love to get a Sigmonster, but that's well above $500!) I can make a light tent out of white cloth. GIMP and Capture NX2 do what I need. 35-70.... have an 18-105.

Personally, if somebody handed me $500, I would probably buy a really nice ball head or a thinktank bag.

Already have a couple basic ball heads & thinktank backpack.

I would spend it on film before Fuji prices go up in August.

:lol:

Buy film and send it to me.

I have a PB-6 bellows. I don't think it is that much money but you're welcome to pay that much.

NAS is a terrible disease that must attended to.

What is NAS....? Not Anuf Stuff???

Might as well be. Nikon Acquisition Syndrome...The only known cure that I am aware of is sampling some of Sigma's premier stuff. It then becomes displaced by the Sigma and Nikon Acqusition Syndrome, or SNAS. Still no known cure, but the treatment is a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
I have a PB-6 bellows. I don't think it is that much money but you're welcome to pay that much.

Where did I say I was spending it all on a PB-6?

sell off the 70-300 and put the new $$ towards a 70-200 2.8?used vr1 can go as little as $1500 you can have a bit more than half if u get rid of the 70-300 and add $500 to it.

Or maybe a 50 1.4? or new 85 1.8?

You could take a vacation and go shoot somewhere exotic.

Most reactions

Back