1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

help me spend my money

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lostprophet, Sep 14, 2006.

1. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    what do I do?

get the expensive watch ive been after for months or trade in my Canon 28-135is for the Canon 24-105is L ?

I mean the Oakley GMT in black is sexy but the lens does have a red ring at the end

2. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hmmm..... personally i wouldn't go for a watch... i can never tell if someone's wearing an expensive watch anymore.... there's so many copies around..... i got my CK copy about 6 years ago and cost about 5 quid :mrgreen:

so i guess id go for the lens..... unless you need an uber fast laptop like i did, thats always a good purchase if you got money to splash out..... i get mine next week.... :biggrin:

3. duncanp

duncanp TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hmm... the L lens would be nice... is there anything different apart from the red ring?

4. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i'm not really a watch guy, haven't worn one in probably 5 years. so i say stick with the L glass, after all you can't get any beautiful shots of otters with a watch...

Must be nice to have to make that kind of a decision. mine are more like... should I buy some L glass and just not eat for 3 months... hmmm.

i'm starting to think that food is highly overrated anyway...

5. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    AA - Why did you have to say laptop?

Duncan - the lens is much sharper and the IS is better

JTHPHOTO - its because ive eaten in 4 months i have a bit of money. but your right about the otters

6. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you know you want one!...... i just had to order..... no more leaning over a desk, with an aching back, for hours on end....

Plus because its a Dell XPS, it will render a photoshop file in just a few seconds..... faster than my desktop..... but it comes at a price.... 1'250 quid to be exact, but well worth it i reckon. :mrgreen:

7. morydd

morydd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've got a $20 pocket watch that's done me just fine for the past 3 or 4 years. Is knowing what time it is really worth that kind of money?

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a watch for $30 and it has been serving me for.... 8 years now :) I'd go with L lens :) or... w8... no I would go with a sofa to my flat :/ I don't have a sofa, nor a coach in the living room :/ it is empty :(

9. V.Alonso

V.Alonso TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i would say lens, and with the leftovers( if there are any ;) ) buy a watch

but then again, this is comming from the guy that owns about 13 different watches.... (i relly like watches :) )