Help me with this please . . .

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Canon Fan, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK so I don't have a lot of time on my hands lately and someone who was aking for basic help understanding manual settings on thier camera was refered to this link by someone on a non-camera forum. I did not have time to properly study it for validity but my first impression was that if accurate it is at the very least, very confusing for the ultra-beginner. Any thoughts? The more I read of it the more I think that whoever wrote it really doesn't have the right idea, or is reading from a textbook somewhere, or just really wants to sound smart (or all of the above!) or it could be that I have now had three whiskey cokes after a 13 hour shift and don't even know what I am talking about anymore! :lol:

Anyway, what do you think?

http://www.paragon-press.com/lens/lenchart.htm

2. walter23

walter23 TPF Noob!

It's not very clearly written and not very complete. It's too light (or ambiguous) on theory, and not very interesting from a practical perspective. The visual depiction of focal length differences is nice though, I've seen this site before...

I like this site:

http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/toc.html

3. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

For my money both are badly laid out - but the first is very unclear. I don't think they fully understand what they are writing about.
    And no-one ever takes the easy way in - via maths and simple analogies. Maybe I should type up my old lecture notes and publish them...