Help me!

ShutterBug4_4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First I would like to apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject. I've only recently become a "serious" photographer, and I've become addicted :D I'm really interested in getting a macro lens, but seeing as I'm a poor, broke college student, I don't have the money for a good, $100+ macro lens :( With that said, I must admit that I've been looking around on ebay for a cheap lens...
I found this "close up set," and I was wondering if it would be worth my money, just to use for practice. I understand that it does not yeild the same results as a true macro lens, and that's okay with me.....ANYWAYS, I'm rambling.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3810650107&ssPageName=MERC_VI

I would just like some comments, or advice..:D

Oh, and could someone also explain to me what those +1, +2, and +4 lenses do??

Thanks for all the help!
ShutterBug4_4

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
close up kits are great for those of us who dont have money to waste!! i would love to have some myself...

all the numbers represent are different magnifications...

think of it this way...there kinda like contact lenses for your eye...when you screw one on, it forces or allows the lens to see things nearer in focus...

md

Wow, thats quite a great price!
Does it make the lens darker?
Even so its a good buy for that price

As I understood it, those +1,+2,+4 filters are the same as teleconverters, and there is also a macro filter.But I have never seen those before, and could well be wrong :?

I have a set of close up filters (+1, +2 & +4). They are pretty good for macro photography.

They do limit your DOF quite a bit but I guess that's typical for macro photography. It really helps to use a tripod so that you can stop the lens down enough to get a usable DOF.

Most reactions

Back