Help my Clients say my pictures are to big!

I believe the client was concerned more about how tight the crop isbin these photos than the file size. Shoot wider and let this client do the cropping .

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Casey carson said:
Ok so I figured it out..I think. They finally explained to me that my pictures are not all "square" they are mostly all vertical so thats why they are not all fitting into the collage boxes!! so no matter how much I scale down not all of them are going to fit in the boxes

They might really want to consider a three-shot collage, with two squares stacked atop one another, and then a single "tall" image on one side.

The problem is not yours, directly, but it's the kind of hassle that arises when non-photography people decide to do something that, to do well and properly, requires pre-planning. For example...the posing determines that "some shots" simply MUST be a tall or a wide aspect ratio photo! A banquet table shot with six diners at the table, seated, is most likely gonna need to be a "wide"...same with the family + dog in front of the tree in PJ's, sitting on the floor...the way it was shot, from as close as it was shot, is almost impossible to show properly as a square shot and include the dog and their butts sittin' on the floor with the child low in the frame...the way it was framed and shot means it's almost irreversibly a tall shot...

One of the things we can do these days is to shoot fairly loose, and crop in, with a high-rez camera that's much more easily done than it used to be with say a 35mm camera or a 6 MP d-slr. Old-school square format medium-format film shooters could also do this: crop to a tall or a wide, and still make a good frame.

A good point that is easy to overlook; what is it that the client plans to do with the photos. I hope you have some from farther back, it could make it easier to get to a decent square crop.

Is it possible the client is just trying to get out of paying for the shoot? No matter what you suggest they want different.
Let's hope they paid up front! Always get paid up front, no ifs and or buts...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think your client think you compose your picture too tight. They want you to zoom out more in another word to include more background so the people in the pictures are not so big.

Take away this one hint:

Shoot everything both in landscape and portrait orientations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back