Help! Need a theme for my photography portfolio

raeanana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! I have been thinking for 2 weeks about a theme for my final/portfolio for photography. I need to take 10 photos, and 9 of them have a specific requirement.
I'm having trouble with a) figuring out what a theme is and b) figuring out what theme I want to do.

I love macro and would really like to do something with that for my portfolio...
Here are some of my macro photos.
I would appreciate any suggestions!

Here are the list of requirements 1-10.
1. Depth of Field (color) - short
2. Depth of Field (color) - long
3. Black and white
4. Black and white
5. Freeze motion (color)
6. Night Photography (color) - extended exposure
7. Photo Composition Bird’s eye view (color)
8. Photo Composition (color harmony)
9. Spot Color - (black and white plus 1 color)
10. Grab Bag (color) - Your choice of subject matter. Straight photography no Photoshop filters like Watercolor, Brush strokes, Sketch, Stylize, Distort, ect.

As a note: I collect shells and rocks - I love photographing water - Also thought about doing something with snails?

For one of the black and whites, you should definitely have a snail in a top hat, possibly with a briefcase and trench coat nearby, while drinking water out of a shell sitting on a rock.

For one of the black and whites, you should definitely have a snail in a top hat, possibly with a briefcase and trench coat nearby, while drinking water out of a shell sitting on a rock.
LOL that would be cute. But tricky.

It's true. Snails are tricky. The last one never paid me due to a contractual technicality. Sneaky little guy.

It's true. Snails are tricky. The last one never paid me due to a contractual technicality. Sneaky little guy.
I don't think I would be able to get one of those photos, let alone ten. haha
I thought about a snail like on moss and a branch, but ... I have to be more creative than that for another 9 :(

Most reactions

Back