help - need shoot ideas

HeY iTs ScOTtY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottandersen.fototime.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im doing a shoot for a band called eaten alive. they are a cover band and i was wondering if anyone here can help me come up with some ideas for posters and cover shots. they are not sure what they want one guy suggested to tie the name in some how like something eating the band alive. im not sure if that would fit the bands persona. but if they want to get eaten alive i had a thought of zombies. id like to stay away from this at all cost but if its what they want ill have to think of something. id like to do it in an old building and photo shot the bands name on the wall graffiti style. any other idea are welcome, please let the creativity fly.

Last edited:
Google Maps

Perhaps the band holding some sort of power cable in Eaton, IN with some sort of local signage (not sure how close that is to you)??? Not sure I like the power cable idea but.... maybe all the bands equipment cables leading into them with the signage.

I think we are off to a bad start here. A band is paying for your creativity, but you are begging for ideas on the TPF.

At any rate let's discuss the band. Eaton Alive is not Eaten Alive is there a town of Eaton that they are from? Also consider that eaten has nothing to do with zombies, more like eaten alive by a shark or mosquitos. I think corpses sprewn over the beach or home. Also consider the songs they cover. Are they classic rock or metal? Spill some details and we can help further.

Love & Bass

im not begging. it was one of the band members ideas to do something with the eaten alive theme. i think it would be ok for a album cover but i dont know how id work them into the photograph unless i do something like zombies chasing them or something along those lines. i really dont like the idea because it does not fit their persona at all. they are a rock band and have a sound like tom petty or steve miller. here is their web address. Eaten Alive -- Home i hinestly thinks its tacky to do an eaten alive theme but if thats what they want thats what i will do.

Last edited:
All I can think of for them is the KISS Alive! album cover :lol:.
Maybe you can get the town name "Eaton" in lights and pose them like this....

AlbumArt :: kiss_alive_album_cover.png picture by dwskwared - Photobucket

And completely off the track here, but please inform them they've misused the apostrophe no less than 3 times on their front page! (Pet peeve, sorry)

Good luck with your shoot.

All I can think of for them is the KISS Alive! album cover :lol:.
Maybe you can get the town name "Eaton" in lights and pose them like this....

AlbumArt :: kiss_alive_album_cover.png picture by dwskwared - Photobucket

And completely off the track here, but please inform them they've misused the apostrophe no less than 3 times on their front page! (Pet peeve, sorry)

Good luck with your shoot.

lol ill let them know, im a horrible speller when it comes to typing too. and i made a mistake by spelling the band name eaton alive when its eaten alive. i thought since the guys name was eaton thats how it was spelled. but they dont live anywhere near there so i dont think its gonna fly. i think im gonna have them in a pool with clothes on possing and have a shark fin with a reflection of a shark or sharks swimming around them.

:thumbup:

One of mine too. We want English to be the world's language but we can't even use it correctly :lmao:

lol ill let them know, im a horrible speller when it comes to typing too.
Why don't you use the spell checker built into the text editor the forum uses. You have to download some free software but how hard is that? It's that little ABC over the check mark in the upper right corner there.

Can I be honest with you? I like the eerie type of feel to photos, especially my own. I am inspired by movies, horror movies to be exact. I am fascinated by horror flicks which inspire my style in shooting. I'm not saying, go for an all out gorey shoot but for a rock band it's nice to have that twisted feel. As an example, I would watch a Rob Zombie directed film and ideas would run through my head for the client. Listen to their music and get a good feel for their lyrics and mix it in with a movie that is similiar. I don't know if this helps but it has for me and who knows, maybe it will do something for you. Best wishes.

- Grace

Most reactions

New Topics

Back