The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to reference this image and I can't remember who took it.

In the foreground on the right there is a large shadowy figure looming over a hallway. At the end of the hall there is a young boy caught in flight into a room on the right.

Probably B&W and perhaps from the 50's or 60's.

Thankful for any help.

L

No, I haven't seen it for years and searches for 'man chasing boy' etc, produce no results.
As I remember it was a classic photo by someone famous but neither classic enough nor famous enough for me to remember

No, I haven't seen it for years and searches for 'man chasing boy' etc, produce no results.
As I remember it was a classic photo by someone famous but neither classic enough nor famous enough for me to remember
A boys escape by Ralph Crane?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I think we have a winner here^.

That's it, thanks very much.
I have always wondered about this photo. It seemed just too perfect to be real.

That's it, thanks very much.
I have always wondered about this photo. It seemed just too perfect to be real.

No problem. Couldn't remember the name of the photograph or the photographer either but from the description I remembered having seen it as a series of images from Life magazine, that's how I found it.

On the Interweb I found a connection to his daughter, Rita, who is a photographer in CA. Just wrote to her asking for background.

This picture was part of a story in Life Magazine; images posed by great none the less.

Link sent by his daughter, Rita Crane, a photogrher out West.

Scroll to page 107 in link below for story

LIFE

This picture was part of a story in Life Magazine; images posed by great none the less.

Link sent by his daughter, Rita Crane, a photogrher out West.

Scroll to page 107 in link below for story

LIFE
Awesome. Thanks Lew. Can't wait to read the backstory

Most reactions

Back