Help on how to create this 'look'

Not liking the skin tones cnvang but you definately have the look.

I'm going to try that technique too.

~Michael~

My quick shot at it. I can't wait to start tweaking my method. Thanks again Sim.

384850452_SNM6V-S.jpg

Last edited:
My quick shot at it. I can't wait to start tweaking my method. Thanks again Sim.

384770528_9o48p-M.jpg

No problem, glad you're enjoying it :) I'm going to give it a shot this weekend too.

It's definitely an interesting effect!

Could it be possible that the images are HDR process? For some reason they remind me of it. Here's one that I did in Photomatix. Its not the greatest example, but I think it some what gives the same effect...I could be wrong about it.
alex2copy2__copy3.jpg

:puke-rig:

I gave Lucisart 2 a shot. I didn't like the outcome too much. I kept the plug in though. Hopefully, Lucis Pro 6.0 or Lucisart 3 is better. I like the method/tut that Sim linked. It gave me more options for my personal adjustments.

lol....thx for the wonderful animation sw1tchfx....but you still haven't answered my question.

It sounded like a rhetorical question.

that's a lot of input guys! thanks! :)
i'll be experimenting on the techniques you've shared. i'll try to post some in the future.
thanks again TPF guys!

Finally making some progress, I think. Here is my latest work. Just click on the photo to bounce to a larger size. It is so much nicer when viewed at the larger size.

JOYRIDE by Maulrat

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out here? I'm following the tutorial but something in step three isn't working. At what point does the colour come back to the shot, I'm stuck in gray. :(

Can anyone help me out here? I'm following the tutorial but something in step three isn't working. At what point does the colour come back to the shot, I'm stuck in gray. :(

I'm not at home so I can't test this suggestion. I believe that on your 2nd high pass layer, it asks you to set your opacity of that layer to around 40% or so. I would adjust it until you get nearly the color you're looking for. Then even add some last touch up saturation if needed.

Let me know if that worked.

Most reactions

Back