Help on photo I'm trying to take - Prop suggestion

Regina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to do a photo with something that looks like industrial oil. I'm putting it on a model, so I need suggestions that will not harm skin and will wash off easily. I was thinking regular vegetable oil + food coloring, but I'm not sure it would mix. Any help would be appreciated! It's going to be a black & white photo as well.

Try mixing water and corn-flour to make a thin paste - I remember making fake blood for halloween costumes like this when I was a kid.

Food colouring should mix well in it, and as you're shooting in black+white, you could probably get away with having it dark red or blue instead of black - unless you can get black food colouring...

markc said:
Chocolate syrup?

That's what I was thinking...but then I got to thinking about a model with chocolate syrup all over her....and I forgot to post the suggestion. :greenpbl: :lmao:

Pancake syrup comes in a variety of different flavors each has a different color. Go to a grocery store and browse around. Your bound to find something ressembling to look you are trying to achieve.

I've been thinking and I've decided on either carob syrup or molasses. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

might try some mollassis (not sure about spelling) kind of a slow syrupy surgary deal... might be a bit thick ad some water or something maybe food coloring.
go to a store and walk up and down the isles look at the different oils and syrups might find something close or that can be colored....
good luck.

Most reactions

Back