Help on taking a crisp shot...

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by iPwnF00lz, May 9, 2009.

1. iPwnF00lz

iPwnF00lz TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took some shots at my schools lacrosse game the other night and they all came out pretty blurry and not in focus, I used the sports setting on my D70 and I am using a 70-300mm lense. Any tips?:confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See what I mean?:thumbdown:

I was using a monopod too.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. rubbertree

rubbertree TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's not the monopod, it's the shutter speed. I answered you in your other thread.

3. Kenny32

Kenny32 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. Get closer
    2. Use manual...Which for a night lacrosse game, probably 800 ISO and at LEAST a 1/400 shutter...I think when I shot LAX for my college and I used the D300 I used 2500 ISO and around 1/800 with my 70-200 F/2.8. Being that your lens isn't that great for low light conditions, you need to use manual.
    3. SHOOT IN RAW...shooting in RAW will give you more data to work with when it comes time for editing...As long as you stop the action, you'll be able to adjust the exposure so it's bright enough to see what's going on. I underexpose a lot of stuff (especially HS football where the light is horrible) and I still get good results.