Help on wedding paperwork

delizo23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i dont know if this is the place to do make this thread but im doing it anyway :D

i have a wedding to shoot "professionally", coming up this july. i know, im far from professional, just a young hobbyist. but the client (an old friend) likes how my pictures turn out, so i guess ill do it for them for cheap.

they asked for a receipt. how would i write this receipt out? im guessing in a form of a letter. kind of like a contract. could you guys help me out and give me some suggestions on what to say.

also, i KINDA already set up a little package of what they'll get. but could you guys give me some more good package ideas.

ALSO, they want an album. any good albums i can buy online? they were thinking about a "yearbook looking" kind of album, where the pictures are printed on the pages permanantly.

thanks guys. i can always count on your great suggestions and harsh critiques.

:popcorn: I can sense the wolves licking their chops and I'm gonna be here to witness it!

haha stop ur scaring me.

ok ok. you guys can call me a noob. whatever! just give me some pointers after the humiliation. unless you were born with a high photography IQ, we all started from the same spot, the bottom!

I've moved this out of the Gallery and into the Shop Talk section.

Even if you are just doing this for friends, you should have a contract in place. It should spell out the service that you are providing and the compensation are are receiving.

This could also act as a receipt.

Try a Google search for sample wedding photography contracts.

:popcorn: I can sense the wolves licking their chops and I'm gonna be here to witness it!

I thunkeded you may be onto a nice show here.

As to the OP....

you may want to reconsider that with which you are about to endeavor into....

You "old friend" just elevated your relationship out of "friendship"

That little icon dude with the popcorn is hillarious. It's the little things for me.

You better put your flame reatrdant suit on Delizo, you will feel some heat. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple of things. I am no wedding photographer, I am an event photographer none the less and there are certain shots you will need to get. As for a contract, Google Wedding Contracts for Photographers (there is about 364,000 hits you could make). As for your service, put it in perspective (this is the part where I get irate), working photographers these days are suffering because every Joe Blow feels like professional photography can be snapped out by anyone with a friggin camera. Weddings is the gateway to a genre implosion. "We don't need to pay $3000 for a wedding photographer, Johnny just got a new camera and you should see the shots of the rainbow he got". Delizo, that is my 1 and only ***** on your endeavour. I am not here to talk you out of it, I'm here to tell you to package your service and keep the market alive.

The irony about this whole wedding gag is:
The cake costs anywhere from a few hundred to some stupid figure and it's never seen again.
The flowers costs anywhere from a few hundred to some stupid figure and it's never seen again.
The food at costs anywhere from a few hundred to some stupid figure and it's never seen again.
The poor old photographer gives his **** away and is there for a lifetime.

Weddings photographer's on here, he's committed obviously, give the guy some tips.

Look at his folio... give him his dues, i think he can pull it off..
he has experience it isn't like he just went out bought a camera and went straight to wedding shooting
on this occassion i think he is acceptable considering his work on his blog, it looks like wedding photographs anyway...

to the op:
i have no idea hot to do wedding stuff so i cant tell you anything to be honest
but i can suggest...

a book with a selection of 50 images with you photographing the brides preperation (going to where she is staying and shoot her getting make up done and her bridesmaids) then get a shot of the guys at a bar or summin or w/e they are then shoot the wedding then the after party

your work looks pretty good from what i have seen, just remember though... if they dont turn out well, it is on your head that they dont have memories of their wedding... no pressure :)
im sure you will do fine though,
by receipt i am sure they mean a contract between you two to basically say if you mess up their wedding images they cannot persue in sueing you and they need to pay you an upfront deposit then pay the final sum within 1 week of the event, maybe some more experienced toggers can help you out

To the forum:
as i said look at his work, it is pretty good, and looks like wedding style images

He may be Andsel Adams, I couldn't care less....

When it comes to what he is doing, there are no "friends" or "family" to what he wants to do.

It's that business sense he needs to put the separation in.

His "old friend" is asking for a receipt why? Because to him, this is now a BUSINESS transaction.

It's not "welcome to the world of wedding photagraphy", it's "welcome to the world of business."

I refuse to fix other peoples vehicles for this same reason. Same reason I will refuse to take other peoples pictures.

And yes, his portfolio does show ability to shoot the wedding.

Can you give us a budget before recommending things. albums for example can range from a few dollars/pounds to ,000's
can I reiterate what the others are saying.... get yourself a contract friend or not.

mike: thanks, i guess i should have done that first before posting here. sorry for putting this in the wrong section.
i looked on google and found a good one.

farmerj:hes a friend that likes my pictures. that means he has to like them whether or not. if he doesnt like them, then i ill do what a friend should do and give him a refund.

farmerj: youre absolutely right. if a contract is made then it becomes a business and i should perform and operate LIKE a professional.

Blank: im sorry im one of those a-holes that messes up the whole system. what was once a hobby is now becoming my career. i was just layed off and i need the cash. so anything like this little gig is going to help me. i have a hobby to support! haha.
im not here to take anyones thunder. just here to learn

Blank: im sorry im one of those a-holes that messes up the whole system. what was once a hobby is now becoming my career. i was just layed off and i need the cash. so anything like this little gig is going to help me. i have a hobby to support! haha.
im not here to take anyones thunder. just here to learn

Don't be sorry. Your non-profit career, not mine.

farmerj: youre absolutely right. if a contract is made then it becomes a business and i should perform and operate LIKE a professional.

Your words not mine.

Soooo anyways, back on topic. To the OP, what package were you thinking of presenting them with?

^ thats what i would like to know. are you going to the house before the wedding to take pics? my gf's grandfather used to go there before to get pics and said it was a fun time but you have to lug a lot of s**t around but you get some good pictures. what are you going to do for them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back