Help or Ideas Please :)

kayliana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taking pictures for some friends, for their christmas cards. I'm not charging them anything. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to pose kids?? I'm not very creative! There's two kids in each family (one boy and one girl.) I'm doing them outdoors. If anyone has any tips or ideas, please let me know! Thank you!
Kayliana

look up family portrait photographer or something similar on google and scan through their images. Or head to a bookstore / library and pick up a book on posing to get ideas. The poses depend greatly on the location you are shooting at and, for me, the personality of the subject

That's a good idea! Thank you :) I'm not sure where yet, I know it will be in Utah, which is very pretty. But i'm not sure if they should lay or sit or what? I've only taken one family's family pictures.

OK don't laugh, but if they are really young I know something that might help you at least a little. I have a friend that used to do preschool portraits, she always had a little yellow squeeky duck, and she would use it to keep their attention. I thought it was ridiculous until she busted it out when taking pics of a friend's child. She just squeeked it and then put it on top of her (own) head. Instant attention grabber and it made the child smile too.

Ha I bet that shows my experience well!

Most reactions

Back