Help Please all ideas considered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like your looking for something to photograph. Something you think will be a subject appealing to everyone. You could take the best picture in the world of my favourite subject(s), but my mood really determines if I like it or not. Which is why I don't give feedback on photos if I'm not open to seeing what they present for C&C.

I'm a rough amateur. I take pictures of things I want to keep. Maybe 6 of a roll of 24 is really decent. The others I'm trying to achieve something and failed to really capture it somehow. The last roll, the best shot was ruined. Yet it still produced 7-8 which I bothered scanning.

Look at calendars to see what people photograph for mass appeal. Cars, human body, natural scenes or wildlife, pets... so many things people enjoy seeing... even if they don't necessarily like that breed of dog or model car or colour of the girl's hair or the man's physique.

Visit Flickr and browse through photos. Find the ones you find appealing. Try to replicate them or change the things you didn't like.

Controversy doesn't necessariliy make better photos. It just creates conflict. If you want raw photos, become a journalistic photographer and capture war, poverty, natural disaster and so forth.

It's nice if you want to change the world or offer it something. It's not about how much people talk about your work.

It sounds like your looking for something to photograph. Something you think will be a subject appealing to everyone. You could take the best picture in the world of my favourite subject(s), but my mood really determines if I like it or not. Which is why I don't give feedback on photos if I'm not open to seeing what they present for C&C.

I'm a rough amateur. I take pictures of things I want to keep. Maybe 6 of a roll of 24 is really decent. The others I'm trying to achieve something and failed to really capture it somehow. The last roll, the best shot was ruined. Yet it still produced 7-8 which I bothered scanning.

Look at calendars to see what people photograph for mass appeal. Cars, human body, natural scenes or wildlife, pets... so many things people enjoy seeing... even if they don't necessarily like that breed of dog or model car or colour of the girl's hair or the man's physique.

Visit Flickr and browse through photos. Find the ones you find appealing. Try to replicate them or change the things you didn't like.

Controversy doesn't necessariliy make better photos. It just creates conflict. If you want raw photos, become a journalistic photographer and capture war, poverty, natural disaster and so forth.

It's nice if you want to change the world or offer it something. It's not about how much people talk about your work.

k so your saying just take a pic of something I want and use it

New,
I suggest using the ignore button. Does this photo speak to you? What do you want to show the world with your photography? Think about what you really want to showcase in your community. Art is subjective in that what I see as wonderful may not appeal to anyone else. I think your lifeless plant can say many things.
To the other little boys in this thread you've gone way over the line, enough! Do you behave this way in life or are you just bullies on the internet.

No problem kid. I've always got your back! It's the mom in me, I just can't help it.

Excuse me for possibly pointing out the obvious, but i detect multiple trolls in this thread...

Edit: I cant spell

Last edited:
I don't know which trolls you are calling out but both the OP and mom2eight have been around and actively posting for a weeks now. I know that doesn't compare to the length of time you've been here, but I wouldn't consider them trolls.

And to Tulsa and BitterJeweler. Will you guys please back off this kid. I don't know what he did originally to get himself in trouble with you guys but it seems like only the two of you have a problem with him anymore. I hope you did press that ignore button because you probably should have done it a long time ago. Or he should have to you guys. The only reason I feel this way is because from what I've been seeing he has been actually trying and listening for the most part. I think a lot of whats going on is that you two click on his threads and pray he has left you with bashing material. I for one am kind of irritated in seeing that attitude coming from of you gentlemen.
Rise above my friends, rise above.

And to the OP: Definitely take a photo that YOU want to take. Feigning a message just to seem deep is really lame. If the topic strikes you, it will reflect in the quality of your photo and therefore be more potent to the viewers.
GL!

New,
I suggest using the ignore button. Does this photo speak to you? What do you want to show the world with your photography? Think about what you really want to showcase in your community. Art is subjective in that what I see as wonderful may not appeal to anyone else. I think your lifeless plant can say many things.
To the other little boys in this thread you've gone way over the line, enough! Do you behave this way in life or are you just bullies on the internet.

Mom, I have seen your many responses to others work, and I really have to question your taste level, and what bar you set as being creative. Coddling doesn't teach anything. If it teaches anything, it is mediocrity. "Little boys"...You wanna start name calling and belittleng now too...hmmm...Pot, kettle, one more time.

I don't know which trolls you are calling out but both the OP and mom2eight have been around and actively posting for a weeks now. I know that doesn't compare to the length of time you've been here, but I wouldn't consider them trolls.

And to Tulsa and BitterJeweler. Will you guys please back off this kid. I don't know what he did originally to get himself in trouble with you guys but it seems like only the two of you have a problem with him anymore. I hope you did press that ignore button because you probably should have done it a long time ago. Or he should have to you guys. The only reason I feel this way is because from what I've been seeing he has been actually trying and listening for the most part. I think a lot of whats going on is that you two click on his threads and pray he has left you with bashing material. I for one am kind of irritated in seeing that attitude coming from of you gentlemen.
Rise above my friends, rise above.

And to the OP: Definitely take a photo that YOU want to take. Feigning a message just to seem deep is really lame. If the topic strikes you, it will reflect in the quality of your photo and therefore be more potent to the viewers.
GL!

Thanks! Ye Idk I'm definately not saying I'm good, but I feel like they are bashing on me cause they find new and upcoming talent as a threat so their trying to tear me down, but all is well I will never quit.

Well I don't know if that's it, because they aren't even near your geographical location and both gentlemen are quite good, but ya know what man, keep at it, and keep a good attitude from now on and I think you'll get there if you want to.

:hug::Bitter I thought maybe you just needed a hug!

The only reason I feel this way is because from what I've been seeing he has been actually trying and listening for the most part.

I'm not sure what forum you've been following.

And Bitter Jeweler pretty much nailed it. This room's increasing tendency to embrace mediocrity has at least contributed to the recent exodus of more serious photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back