Help Please! I'm making the switch

Thanks for chiming in Holy Ghosted. I have photoshop and have mastered most of the stuff but still need to upgrade to CS3 from CS which I'm sure is well worth the upgrade. I want to get lightroom since I have heard so many great things about it. I will look up Lightzone for something down the road.

Do you think its necessary to have lightroom at the same time as I buy my 40D or can it wait a couple months while I learn how to use the camera?

Thanks for chiming in Holy Ghosted. I have photoshop and have mastered most of the stuff but still need to upgrade to CS3 from CS which I'm sure is well worth the upgrade. I want to get lightroom since I have heard so many great things about it. I will look up Lightzone for something down the road.

Do you think its necessary to have lightroom at the same time as I buy my 40D or can it wait a couple months while I learn how to use the camera?

Try out the packaged software to see if it works for you, if not than upgrade. I have been able to get away with the packaged Digital Photo Pro software, but it is somewhat limited. Workflow is a hassle sometimes, so if high output is your thing, than definitely get Lightroom. Lightroom is highly reccommended by pretty much everyone. Except Mac folk who use Aperature. :mrgreen:

I am on a Mac and I still use lightroom over Aperture but back to the subject if you already have PS then the software that comes w/ the camera will be a good start the biggest benefit with a program such as Light room is it can be very fast once you master it. but taking the time to learn your camera is more important in my eyes then learning correcting software the better you are with your tools the less time all together you will spend with any software and the more time shooting. and hope fully the less money spent on extras.

Most reactions

Back