Help, please.

Skudrulacis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, beginners and maybe professional photographers.
I have a problem.
So, I have this, I would say old camera Sony Alpha DSLR 100, and something is wrong. :blushing:
Here is the problem - When I'm taking picture, the object is in center, but when I look on the ready picture, one side of it is cut off but on the other side of picture is space, which I didn't photograph. I mean the whole picture is shifted to the right.
If you know how to help me, please write me an e-mail to [email protected].
Thanks! ;)

Last edited:
YOU COULD TRY POSTING A PICTURE SO WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU MEAN.

What program are you using to view this photo?

Sounds like the sensor has shifted position.
I have never heard of that before I googled it ... it appears that others (not many) have reported this.

Get it serviced.
If you actually want to try something (my guess, so I warn you that it could make it worse) ... go into the menu and select the sensor cleaning, it might just shake it back to position.

Sounds like the sensor has shifted position.
I have never heard of that before I googled it ... it appears that others (not many) have reported this.

Get it serviced.
If you actually want to try something (my guess, so I warn you that it could make it worse) ... go into the menu and select the sensor cleaning, it might just shake it back to position.

That is a good thought. I would try it several times, then recheck

I suspect from your lack of update that it did not correct the sensor shift.

Can the problem be in the viewfinder? The A100 is pentamirror type, rather than a prism.

Can the problem be in the viewfinder? The A100 is pentamirror type, rather than a prism.
This is my initial thought as well. Never heard of this issue...hope it doesn't happen with mine...o_O

Most reactions

Back