Help posting an image, please

keith foster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keithdewey3.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel stupid because I know I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out. I read the sticky on posting pictures in the forum and I can post a picture as a thumbnail, no problem. But many threads people have their pictures posted as an image that opens when I open the thread and I don't have to open a thumbnail.
I have even tried to do it from my gallery here on TPF but I get an error saying "invalid file". I have also tried to post from my Webshots site and from my Flickr account.
What do I need to do to get my pictures to post as an image not a thumbnail?

Locate the URL of the image you wish to post. Copy that URL and paste it into a post. At the end of the URL, add a period and the letters jpg as in .jpg

Then, at the beginning of the URL, paste in as in bracket, IMG bracket

and then at the very right hand side, to the right of the g in .jpg, paste in as in bracket,forward slash IMG bracket

That oughtta' do it!

If you're using flickr go to the picture you want click it then go to all sizes. From there right click the picture once you have the size you want opened and and select copy image address. Then come here and click the insert image icon and paste the link in there. That should be good. If you have a picture you want posted, post the link here and i'll do it for you if you can't get it to work. GL
tj

Thank you Derrel!
I tried to post from my FTP gallery just now and from my Flickr but still get "invalid file type" I know they are jpgs.
I don't want to take anymore of your time on this. I am obviously doing something wrong. I am not usually so tech incompetent but it happens from time to time.
I will just stick with thumbnails since that works.
Thanks again Derrel.

One more try from Flickr

Attachments

• $4183699134_dc30ef8b31.jpg
    $4183699134_dc30ef8b31.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 108
one last try

I think my file sizes exceed the limit for posting on the forum. I will play with it.

Thank you TjK and Derrel for your help here.

Last edited:
What size are you picking? I just copied the image addy and then pasted it in between tags
[IMG]http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/attachments/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/2603d1261258659-help-posting-image-please-4183699134_dc30ef8b31.jpg

Most reactions

Back