Help recovering sunken eyes

Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I s there any way to rescue sunken eyes?

Over cast bright day, rush formal shots with baying crowd behind me etc took several and now really ****ed off with my self

Any help would be cool right now!

Scrims, strobes, different location come to mind.

Thanks, always helpful to know what I should have done but at the moment I'm dealing with what did happen

dodge the sockets a little bit

Thanks SwitchFX, I'm on it like a rash when I get home.

I had a quick crash at it this morning without much real success but I was rushing and in blind panic!

Post a couple of the pictures and maybe we could help more

JAO_3152-2.jpg

JAO_3152crop.jpg

I got called out in the middle of posting those.

!st one is straight from camera, second has a test process on it inc colour balance, drop out red on nose tip, dodge and burn eyes, levels, sharpen

As she has some skin marks I would also like to find out about smoothing her face out a little, ani ideas and thoughts welcome

Mkay, well, first off I changed the color balance, made it a little warmer so her lips weren't as cold. I than went over her face with the spot healing tool (the one with the band-aid) and went over anything that wasn't smooth. After that, I dodged the iris and corneas and the teeth to make them a little brighter. After that, I added a bit of a diffuse glow to make the drss a bit whiter and than flattened the image. I duplicated the layer and added a gaussien blur, set the opacity to 45%. I went back down to the background layer and sharpened it to retain detail. I sharpened the eyes a bit more. done.

JAO_3152crop.jpg

Pretty much, it smooths everything out while still keeping it sharp.

I worked on this quite a bit....It's not perfect, but the eyes came up better and the tip of her nose is a bit muted.

Your thoughts......

7985-JAO_3152-2copy1.jpg

like everyone else, I had a try at it.

shadow highlights to taste
dodged under eyes at 8%
Used a de-grunge technique from http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=213
which was this:

1) Make a duplicate layer;
2) Open the Gaussian blur filter and change the radius until the grunge just becomes invisible. Be careful here, getting the radius right is very important. Note the radius and cancel the filter;
3) Apply the High-pass filter at the radius you just noted down;
4) Apply the Gaussian blur on this layer at 1/3 of the radius;
5) Invert the layer (<Ctrl><I>), set the blending to Linear Light and the opacity to 50%;
6) Apply a Hide-all mask and paint white where you want to degrunge.

then I merged all to another layer

made a saturation adjustment layer and removed some red from face (masked outchest/shoulders - they are pale enough)

jao31522bbvv6.jpg

There's definitely room to 'save' these picts. My feeble PS skills got a pretty decent result. For the sockets I just duped a layer, burned and then played with opacity until it looked right. I slight 'glow' effect softens it up and improves it a bit more.

JAO_3152cropcopy.jpg

and the prize goes too.... just kidding...
neat transformation, sw1tchFX.. wish I could afford Photoshop

Here is my edit... just quickly in photoshop. (before and after)

retouch.jpg

dup layer > screen > mask the face
dup layer >levels and curves > mask in the eyes
dup layer > healing brush to remove blemishes/flaws/under eye bags
Dodged eyes and teeth
removed redness and prominence from the tip of the nose.
dup layer > air brush filter (opacity set to 35%) > mask in only skin
dup layer > Sharpen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back