Help, rewound an unshot roll of film

randerson07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ryanandamy.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I loaded a roll of film into my Petri FT EE and proceeded to shoot 24 shots. I then went to rewind it only to find, that I had not loaded it properly and it was not advancing when i wound the lever.

So now I have an unshot roll or Ilford XP2 rewound completely into the can, is there a way I can save this roll of film?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

You bet, find a film retrieval tool and you are good to go. You might even find a store or lab that will get the leader out for you.

While on the subject of midroll change, Say I shoot 10 shots on a roll of 800, and then the next day im shooting outside and change rolls to some 100.

How do you then go back to the 11th fram on the 800 film? shoot 10 shots at the highest shutter speed and smallest aperture with the lens cap on?

On my Elan, I have it set to where when rewinding it leaves the leader hanging out so having the tool is a non issue with that one. Only problem then I have its trying to keep separate my unshot rolls.

How do you then go back to the 11th fram on the 800 film? shoot 10 shots at the highest shutter speed and smallest aperture with the lens cap on?

Yup.. Lens cap on, fastest shutter, (aperture is not an issue.. no lens). For good measure, I'd advance to the 12th frame.

I carry a permanent market to mark the rolls

Uh, huh! Buy two in case your wife puts one away for you.:heart:

I shoot an Elan 7n. I always turn the film takeup spool to the same position (a tooth at about 45 degrees past center) and hook the first or second film sprocket hole on that tooth... take up a little slack by turning the takeup reel a little more, then carefully close the back. So, changing rolls shouldn't be too hard. Alternatively, you can also mark the spool and pre-position consistently.

If the film doesn't catch, the camera will tell you. It might be a good idea (like Usayit says) to leave an extra blank frame when you put a roll back in that's been partially shot.

As a bonus, I usually get 37 shots on a roll of 36.

I noticed that too, I usually get more shots than advertised, and of course since im not developing my own, I get hosed and have to pay for the extra ones.

But the bad loading job was on my all manual Petri camera seen here

Nice camera. Is it the type with the slot in the take-up reel that you have to thread the leader into?

I was dropping off a couple rolls to be processed at Target today and I asked the lady behind the counter if she could pull out the leader for me. She said no problem and in about 10 seconds handed it back to me leader dangling.

Sweetness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back