[HELP] Sandisk SDCX Extreme Pro

Meredoth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! First time on the forum! :D

Bought a Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro for my new camera (the big SD card, not the one with the adaptor). It seems to be original since I was able to register on the website, the problem is that if I shake it, it makes a sound like something is loose inside. Is it normal? Wondering if I go the trouble of returning it to get a new one.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Hmmm never shook one. Does it record?

If you think it might not be a counterfit card. Load it up with files. Keeping track of how much you put on it. Counterfit cards are low capacity sower cards with adulterated bios that reports much larger storage capacity. They will stop recording when full. But reports it has more room. But will not store the listed ammount.

Welcome to the forum.

Hmmm never shook one. Does it record?

If you think it might not be a counterfit card. Load it up with files. Keeping track of how much you put on it. Counterfit cards are low capacity sower cards with adulterated bios that reports much larger storage capacity. They will stop recording when full. But reports it has more room. But will not store the listed ammount.

Yeah, it does record. But would it be counterfeit since the activation code worked on the website? The thing is that this card wasn't so cheap, don't want to risk it not working later on. The other problem is that this time of the year, mail is really slow. xD

Would be perfect if this small shake is normal. Not sure, but from what I researched, there's nothing inside the card (might be wrong). It might be only the chip with the golden conectors. And actually holding the connectors and shaking does not make any sound, the entire thing is probably a little loose.

If the item is new I'd consider contacting the retailer you bought from and returning it for exchange. I don't think any of my memory cards rattle when shaken so it does sound abnormal.

is the lock on the side broken/missing?

The lock is fine, I guess I'll have to send it back. :/

I have just shaken 3 that I had sitting next to my laptop. all 32Gig, no shake noise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back