Help Shutter speed number

BmDubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my D80! Was playing with the controls... Im a bit confused by the numbers on the display... Like shutter speed number will be like a big number 4 with these three real small zeros after the number or like... 2 with small "zeros" after the number.. Also like 1" etc If someone could explain these numbers that would be SWELL :D

like the number 1/400? that would mean 1/400 of a second for the picture? What does it say when you put it in A? There you can control your aperture and see what it says for the shutter. GL

Dont have the fraction... There are 3 types of number Ive seen

4ooo 13 3"

These are just examples of numbers... But its what it looks like.. Just like a big number with small circles after it.. only big numbers ( like 13 )... and the big number with the " symbol afterward

Ok so the first one is most likely 1/4000s when you take a picture like that is it really quick?
The second one it 1/13 of a second so this is probably much slower and depending on how stable your hand is there is most likely blur in these pics right?
3" is for 3 seconds so this was a long picture right?GL
tj

Also my D80's shutter speed goes to 4ooo ( 1/4000 )... So how come sometimes it wont let me go higher than 2oo ( 1/200 ) in manual mode.. Sometimes it will go up to 2oo than stop?

Also my D80's shutter speed goes to 4ooo ( 1/4000 )... So how come sometimes it wont let me go higher than 2oo ( 1/200 ) in manual mode.. Sometimes it will go up to 2oo than stop?

Actually i'm not sure if the d80s shutter can go up to 1/4000 it might only be 1/2000. Did it come with a manual? if not go here and download it free
User's Manual - D80 - Guide to Digital Photography

Actually i'm not sure if the d80s shutter can go up to 1/4000 it might only be 1/2000. Did it come with a manual? if not go here and download it free
The D80 shutter speed can shoot up to 1/4000s.

Read your manual BmDubb. You are also leaving out information that is needed to help you such as what Shooting Mode are you in?

The viewfinder displayes info from left to right as Shutter Speed, Aperture, Meter reading, Exposure Compensations, Frames Remaining. The (") symbol indicates seconds of shutter speed. Shutter speed is limited to 1/200s when the flash is used. again, RTFM.

Also remember that you aperture setting will also change depending on the lens your using. You might like shooting at F2 but change lens and you might not be able to.

The D80 shutter speed can shoot up to 1/4000s.

Read your manual BmDubb. You are also leaving out information that is needed to help you such as what Shooting Mode are you in?

The viewfinder displayes info from left to right as Shutter Speed, Aperture, Meter reading, Exposure Compensations, Frames Remaining. The (") symbol indicates seconds of shutter speed. Shutter speed is limited to 1/200s when the flash is used. again, RTFM.

Thank you so much. That helped me out alot.. Im shooting in Manual Mode. Im having a lot of fun figuring this out.. And you guys are so helpful. Thanks so much.

Most reactions

Back