Help Something Weird Has Happened To My Files

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I moved some raw files off an SD card to my hard drive using Bridge, and now the files are strange. Here's a view of the Icon, no image preview, no file name

blank.JPG

Here's the meta data for the file
blank1.JPG

The image size "should" be 6016 x 4000. The file size of 33.63 MB is about right for the image. The file type is supposed to be a DNG image. Where this image type came from I have no clue. I tried another one, on the SD card and got the same thing. I ejected the card and reinserted it now files transfer like they are supposed to.

So now I have these weird files on the hard drive and nothing left of them on the SD card. Anyone have a clue how to fix this or are they toast?

Went to Explorer, and renamed the files adding .dng to each, problem solved. Everything showing correctly now. Still don't have a clue how the image type was changed.

That's odd. It stripped the file type and substituted the the file name for type/extension.

Since it happened with a second card, could something have changed in your upload settings?

That's odd. It stripped the file type and substituted the the file name for type/extension.

Since it happened with a second card, could something have changed in your upload settings?

No it only happened with the one card. Different files on the same card. I'm thinking something either goofy with the card reader or Bridge, because when I removed the card and rebooted Bridge, everything worked correctly. Never had a problem like this before, and so far none since.

No it only happened with the one card. Different files on the same card. I'm thinking something either goofy with the card reader or Bridge, because when I removed the card and rebooted Bridge, everything worked correctly. Never had a problem like this before, and so far none since.

Ah, gotcha. I misread. Glad everything is working well now! Gremlins!

Sticky bits, perhaps.

Most reactions

Back