HELP. STUCK ON AUTO BRACKET!

hunterb4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shoot a Panasonic DMC FZ30. In all modes but auto I seem to be stuck on auto bracket. Book said to select off. On P mode for example, menu I read offers no "off" to be selected. Can anyone walk me through this thing?

Many thanks.

hunter

I'm not familiar with the camera but most have some way of resetting and rebooting the thing with default settings. Try that to see if it resolves the problem then you can dig into the issue further while you save wear and tear on your shutter.

Good idea but sadly the handbook says the auto bracketing stays on despite the shutdown. It has to be told to turn off apparently but there is no place on the menu for that "off" to appear. All info is for over or under correction of the exposure. Even a friend who has the lower priced model of this camera, has a different way of doing this. In his a second menu appears on P mode and he can turn it off. Mine has no second menu that I have found yet. The camera is the Panasonic digital with Leica lens and built in 35 to 410 mm with stablelizer. Really an incredible camera.

Reading the manual closer revealed that the exposure compensation and the auto bracketing are under two different headings. Once I clicked into autobracketing I found the off switch which when selected finally stopped the auto bracketing.

hunter

Most reactions

Back