Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I took this photograph I was really excited, but it didn't quite turn out to be as great as I pictured it in my mind. It just doesn't fell right, is it the color, white balance? Can't quite put my fingers on it.
Any suggestion is welcome, any attempts to correct this even more so:

18346651765_d569bf2d1d_z_d.jpg

Link to full resolution:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7772/18346651765_9f22d6d9bd_o_d.jpg

I can provide the raw file if requested.

Hmmm... it is a nice image, but there is something that could make it a really nice image, 'though for the life of me, I cannot put my finger on it!

Hmmm... it is a nice image, but there is something that could make it a really nice image, 'though for the life of me, I cannot put my finger on it!
Jeez!! Thanks John! :livid: :BangHead::BangHead:

Well, at least it's not just me.. :lol:

I don't know, Raj…it's pretty darn good.
Had you not said you felt it was lacking, I don't think I'd have had anything negative to say about it.

Since you did point it out, I looked at it a little more critically than I might have otherwise. The only thing I can say is that the lighting on the horse is fairly harsh. More than that, the dark hills between the horse and the beautiful snow-capped mountains might kind of serve to "muddy the waters" as it were. To me, those dark hills are what don't really have much "punch" and so they are kind of detracting from the image (although, as I said, it's still wonderful!). Not much you could do about that really.

Had you not said you felt it was lacking, I don't think I'd have had anything negative to say about it.

Since you did point it out, I looked at it a little more critically than I might have otherwise. The only thing I can say is that the lighting on the horse is fairly harsh. More than that, the dark hills between the horse and the beautiful snow-capped mountains might kind of serve to "muddy the waters" as it were. To me, those dark hills are what don't really have much "punch" and so they are kind of detracting from the image (although, as I said, it's still wonderful!). Not much you could do about that really.
I think you nailed it Sharon - it is indeed the lighting on the horse. To me, it makes it look composited. I agree though, going to be tough to do much about it.

... going to be tough to do much about it.
Clearly you are wrong, just look at Pix's version of it!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thanks Sharon, now that you've mentioned it, I also think it's the lighting on the horse and the dark oak forests in the hills. I think I'll go with the bunny then. :lol:

The horse is too much the main subject. I think you saw majestic mountains with a horse in a field. For me there is not enough field in front and to the left to proportion the horse with the rest of the scene. Also, it seems to have a bit of a panoramic crop and I think it would work better going the other way. Maybe not all the way to square, but here it is anyway...
18345051772_ae78a6d37e_o.jpg

I should have learned by now never ever open a thread while drinking hot coffee, When I seen a rabbit appear in the image I choked half to death and coffee came out of some orifices that it should not have.

AFA the photo goes,I think its just missing Clinton Eastwood with his six Shooter.

I should have learned by now never ever open a thread while drinking hot coffee, When I seen a rabbit appear in the image I choked half to death and coffee came out of some orifices that it should not have.

AFA the photo goes,I think its just missing Clinton Eastwood with his six Shooter.
Now I'm thinking about morphing Clint Eastwoods image with the bunnies, carrying his famous colts :lol:

The horse is too much the main subject. I think you saw majestic mountains with a horse in a field. For me there is not enough field in front and to the left to proportion the horse with the rest of the scene. Also, it seems to have a bit of a panoramic crop and I think it would work better going the other way. Maybe not all the way to square, but here it is anyway...
18345051772_ae78a6d37e_o.jpg
Thanks Dave, I think you're right too. There's not enough field, maybe I should have gone for a higher angle. Your version does work much better than mine IMO, thanks :)

Most reactions

Back