Help to buy a quality camera photo

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I have seen the light and the errors of my ways. I'll just train hard and use my 80 euro camera phone; I'll surely get very good results. I mean the tools are only as good as the user right? I'll go even further and just ditch my professional quality brushes and just use my fingers to paint from now on!

Truly I am amazed at the quality and friendliness of this thread. Thank you.

There are some amazing finger painters out there. Your art is only as good as your concept.

Yes there are. However there are effects that are unachievable by finger alone. No matter how long you try you just won't get a Mona Lisa.

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I have seen the light and the errors of my ways. I'll just train hard and use my 80 euro camera phone; I'll surely get very good results. I mean the tools are only as good as the user right? I'll go even further and just ditch my professional quality brushes and just use my fingers to paint from now on!

I think that you don't realize how your post appears.
Would you expect to achieve 'near professional quality' with oil paints, a piano, or a sculptor's tools without knowledge, skills, experience and some talent?
By asking as you did, implying that a low-level camera and a functional finger to press the shutter is all one needs is insulting to all of us who work very hard at the art.
the Dunning-Kruger effect is strong

Thank you for the helpful diagnosis. I'll take about it to my therapist ;)

Would you expect to achieve 'near professional quality' with oil paints, a piano, or a sculptor's tools without knowledge, skills, experience and some talent?
By asking as you did, implying that a low-level camera and a functional finger to press the shutter is all one needs is insulting to all of us who work very hard at the art.

I see your point but I really don't understand the reaction. I humbly asked for help. I only went here because a professional photograph told me I could get good results with a 300 euro equipment. From the response I got it seems he was wrong...

I didn't want to come across as arrogant, I'm just asking that's all...
I looked past your post, didn't read to much into it, gave you a recommendation and you didn't respond. Interesting.

I see your point but I really don't understand the reaction. I humbly asked for help. I only went here because a professional photograph told me I could get good results with a 300 euro equipment. From the response I got it seems he was wrong...

For your budget of 500 euros (not sure if you pay VAT). But about the only new equipment in your range is a Nikon D3300 and or D3400 and a kit lens. Which would be 18-55mm f/3.3-5.6 VR lens. This lens would be ok for interior pictures if you have good lighting. This camera will take "pro" level pictures with proper usage. But will be a challenge to do pro quality interior shots of homes with no other equipment. A lens I would suggest to use for this type of work would be your entire budget alone if not a little bit more.

A camera and very good lens that a pro would use for this type of work would be $3,000 for the body and lens alone. Which I own and do use for the type of work your considering. But I also have multiple flashes, stands, and equipment to also light the homes.

Now people have also assumed you want to do this to make money doing it. And many people ask questions to this effect. But it's really hard to make money this way. Especially if your not experienced enough to know the equipment you need to do so. You may want to do it for personal reasons and not as income. So, there could be a misunderstanding there as well.

I looked past your post, didn't read to much into it, gave you a recommendation and you didn't respond. Interesting.
Sorry, I was a bit distracted by the bad reaction...Thank you for taking time to respond. But I'm going to side with the majority and abandon my project. I'll just take amateur photos that will serve only as internal documents. I wish you all the best,

CarbonGhadius

For your budget of 500 euros (not sure if you pay VAT). But about the only new equipment in your range is a Nikon D3300 and or D3400 and a kit lens. Which would be 18-55mm f/3.3-5.6 VR lens. This lens would be ok for interior pictures if you have good lighting. This camera will take "pro" level pictures with proper usage. But will be a challenge to do pro quality interior shots of homes with no other equipment. A lens I would suggest to use for this type of work would be your entire budget alone if not a little bit more.

A camera and very good lens that a pro would use for this type of work would be $3,000 for the body and lens alone. Which I own and do use for the type of work your considering. But I also have multiple flashes, stands, and equipment to also light the homes.

Now people have also assumed you want to do this to make money doing it. And many people ask questions to this effect. But it's really hard to make money this way. Especially if your not experienced enough to know the equipment you need to do so. You may want to do it for personal reasons and not as income. So, there could be a misunderstanding there as well.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Indeed I should have said it's not for money, it's for a Phd and possibly a book deal. Copyright is quite expensive and that would inflate the cost of the book and I would like my book to be in as many hands as possible. I was thinking I could get results close to a pro, because a pro said to me it was possible.

Well this was my first taste of internet 'hate' 'drama' I don't know what to call it. Is this common ? Was my question really so poorly phrased as to attract the 'ire', as someone said, of the forum?

Anyway I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to answer in whatever way possible. Everyone have a nice peaceful day :)

Well this was my first taste of internet 'hate' 'drama' I don't know what to call it. Is this common ? Was my question really so poorly phrased as to attract the 'ire', as someone said, of the forum?

Anyway I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to answer in whatever way possible. Everyone have a nice peaceful day :)

Actually, it does happen often. As people constantly post they want to go pro as a photographer and then turn around and ask for what the cheapest pro camera they can buy, or just advice on buying a pro camera. Clearly they have no experience as a photographer by asking such a question. And your's was very similar. People on this site are very knowledgeable and normally very nice. And freely gives advice based on their experience.

There are some bad apples as would be expected by any large site. But for the most part there are a lot of good people on here. And this does occur on other sites as well.

It wasn't that it was poorly phrased; it was that it showed no appreciation for just how difficult photography is and that you hadn't even read through the otehr posts in the beginners' forum to get some understanding.

. Copyright is quite expensive and that would inflate the cost of the book

Copyright is automatic in both US and EU, no cost at all.
To protect the work by increasing penalty for violating copyright, you can register the copyright and the costs are $35 to $60 in the US and EU to register a single work.

It wasn't that it was poorly phrased; it was that it showed no appreciation for just how difficult photography is and that you hadn't even read through the otehr posts in the beginners' forum to get some understanding.

To protect the work by increasing penalty for violating copyright, you can register the copyright and the costs are $35 to $60 in the US and EU to register a single work.
You cannot register copyright in the EU.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

According to this you can, but not through the EU copyright office itself.
How to Register Copyright in the European Union

That has no official recognition.

That has no official recognition.

Like the article said, it could help in court to establish who is the actual creator. Also as the article noted. Registering copyright is a county thing not an EU organization thing. In many European countries you can register copyright.

My point was that the OP has some real misconceptions about many issues in this endeavor.
He might be thinking about the patent process which can be both time-consuming and expensive but which doesn't apply here.

what do you mean ? Can you elaborate?

Most reactions

Back