Help to buy a quality camera photo

Do you mean elaborate on registering copyright in the EU?

In just about every country, copyright is automatic and free. In the USA, if you want to sue for copyright infringement, you also must already have registered your copyright with the Library of Congress. In the EU, that is not necessary and there is no formal place for registering copyright. The most you can do is get someone to certify that you produced the copyright work.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

With an entry level or used DSLR, cheap wide angle lens, tripod, and some free software it would be possible to get results that are a huge step up from amateur snapshots for both interior and exterior shots, even approaching "near professional".

The photos would not be fully "professional" in that:
  • Quality of the lens would limit display size--no huge prints, but common uses like web and brochures would certainly be fine.
  • Lighting options for interiors would not be flexible, ambient only, but really, most interior shots need to be ambient light anyway because the room's lighting is part of its design. HDR can help balance things out and make the images look like what you see, but this in particular does demand some extra post-processing skill.
To make a good go of this you really need to be able to invest some time learning post processing, both RAW processing and HDR processing. I think that will be the limiting factor more than the gear that the budget allows.

Do you mean elaborate on registering copyright in the EU?

In just about every country, copyright is automatic and free. In the USA, if you want to sue for copyright infringement, you also must already have registered your copyright with the Library of Congress. In the EU, that is not necessary and there is no formal place for registering copyright. The most you can do is get someone to certify that you produced the copyright work.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk
I must have used the wrong words (english isn't my native tongue). I mean if I use a photo in a commercial way don't I owe the photographer royalties ? I think I used the word copyright instead of royalties...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back