Help to improve

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you're at a point where you feel you need an honest opinion of you're work, I strongly suggest you post a shot in the C & C Gallery . Be forewarned this is not the place to go for "click and scroll likes" this is a serious educational experience for both those posting and those commenting. It requires time and effort on the part of the one posting to analyze their work with a critical eye and submit the information required. To often I hear people say "I like it", but when you ask them why, they don't have a clue, because they lack the skill or confidence to self critique. For those commenting it requires some time to actually look at an image and formulate a response. This gallery is open to all skill levels from beginner to pro and will be moderated to keep commenting appropriate to the level of the poster, but I implore those posting to keep an open mind on critique and not take offense to negative comments. For those commenting please be respectful you can critique an image without being mean about it.

When you post or comment on C&C shots it forces you to slow down and actually look at the little things. Those posting gain valuable advice and those commenting realize things they might not have noticed before. "Nice shot" and failure to follow the guidelines for posting or commenting will be deleted, not to be mean but to keep it a learning experience for all.

Last edited:
Smoke, hi I like your above post. Whenever I post c&c I add that it’s just my thoughts and the author can disregard all and any cc
as for neg comments,,, well that’s part of cc depends on how the comments are made.

I like my photos critiqued. I don't always see what others' see in the image or what could be improved. It may be helpful if the poster says they are just starting out then you can weigh your critique more carefully.

I remember one of the first photos I posted here I gave my settings at f14 or f18. The photo was a halloween decoration in the front yard. The person asked if I was shooting the backyard too! LOL. That did drive home the fact to me about aperture.

Whenever I post c&c I add that it’s just my thoughts and the author can disregard all and any cc
There are two distinct critiques, one is on technical issues and are pretty cut and dried. The other is opinion, that is where the gray area comes in and the experience level may or may not be a factor.

don't always see what others' see in the image or what could be improved. I
I see the C&C gallery benefitting everyone. It's hard to look at something you've created with an objective eye but it's a necessary step in an artist's journey. Reading critique helps both the person posting and others see things in their own work from a different perspective.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back