Help! Trying to attach my new monolight to light stand...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by jenn76, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jenn76

jenn76 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I got my stuff today from Adorama. Yay for that! I got 2 light stands that JerryPH recommended previously, a shoot thru umbrella (I already had 2 reflective umbrellas), 2 umbrella brackets, and a monolight. Here is the monolight I got...
    http://www.adorama.com/LTBF.html?searchinfo=budget studio monolight&item_no=3

I got the monolight instead of another flash (I'll be using my 420EX speedlite off-camera also) because with the monolight, it comes with a sync cord, so no need to purchase another Cactus radio trigger receiver or sync cords or anything extra, like I would need with another flash.

Anyway, it says in the monolight description that it will mount to any light stand, tripod, etc with a 5/8" or smaller stud... but the stud thing on my light stand is not LONG enough to attach the monolight. I really was thinking that I'd put it on the lightstand with an umbrella, but do I use an umbrella with a monolight? It won't mount to the umbrella bracket either anyway. I know, I didn't do enough homework before I ordered... I do that sometimes. :blushing: Anyway, if anyone else uses these items or something like this, and can help, I'd appreciate it!

2. jenn76

jenn76 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nevermind! My hubby helped me figure it out (and we did use an umbrella)... I always thought it was boring that he was an engineer... now I think it's kind of cool! Don't tell him I said that though... :lol: I'm just glad we got it working! And my Cactus wireless radio triggers are working too! I'm so excited!