HELP! Virtual Tours?

The seller's agent pays for it, part of the cost of marketing the property.

The trick is for the photographer to convince the agent that hiring a pro is money well spent.

Jon

wow it must cost some bucks to have that done.who pays for it

Not us. Probably the sellers agent. It is how you get your house out there on the market these days.
i clicked your gear list you have some nice gear.yes must be the broker/agent.

Oh I'm not an reality agent, just in the process of buying a new house. I was just as amazed as everyone when our agent sent us listings with all the photos and virtual tours.

I have done a few virtual tours. For close quarters you will want a pano head. I use a nodal ninja. Correcting paralax errors is time consuming when they are large. You will need a very wide angle lens to save time. How much to charge. I give them away because know one wants to pay for them (I am not a good photographer). Customer refers someone to one of my other businesses and I give them a free photo shoot. In all realty you are looking at $50 per vertial tour. It takes me 3-5 minutes to shoot each seen and 15 minutes to process it if I do not have any problems. I have timed it. I can do virtual tours faster than I can regular photos. I do not have to sort through all the crapy shots with virtual tours and then try and fix the lighting. Forget about zenith (strait up) and Nadir (Strait down) shots, especially the Nadir because no one cares unless it is special. It only takes extra time for something no one cares about. There is some expensive software out there and there is some not so expensive software. I use PTGUI to stitch and Pano2VR to convert it to flash. Photoshop and bridge for editing images after coming out of PTGui. You can actually do HDR with PTGui but I suck at HDRs so I don't bother. You probably will not be able to use flash so shoot in raw. Lighting is the hardest part of virtual tours. I have a trick that is not recommended by most when I am in a hurry. I put the camera on full auto without the flash and take 12 shots around with a sigma 8mm and the light comes out really even after it has been stitched because there is so much over lap. It does not always work but you can always drop out the images that screw it up. It reduces the vertical field of view for each image you have to drop out.
I did that at this house.
http://www.re.ratesmate.com/index.php?action=show_vtour&popup=yes&listingID=110
I do not care for these very much but it is a good reason why people tell you not to do it. I have a lot of lines on this unit that I could not get matched up and it was a completely free shoot for a friend of a friend.
I am 80% sure this was the same trick
http://www.re.ratesmate.com/index.php?action=show_vtour&popup=yes&listingID=108

Have you looked at the latest Sony cameras that do panoramas in the camera, stitching included?

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back