HELP! w/my D90

I'm new here! and feel like I've bit off more than I can chew at this point. While shooting my new D90 w/70-300 and at 300mm in "sports" mode my iso (while outdoors) is automatically setting itself very high, sometimes as high as 1300!!! why would this happen in bright natural day light? I didn't notice this until I transfered them for editing. Then noticed how grainy they were. What am I doing wrong?

"bit off more than I can chew" I felt that way too when I started shooting DSLR. I just wanted to understand it all so I could get on with it. Don't be too discouraged though, you are doing a wise thing by coming here and asking questions to learn. Welcome to a good place to learn! :)

If you could post the photo and the EXIF info we can help figure it out. You said bright day light, but I am wondering what metering mode the camera was in, what the shutterspeed was, etc. Was what you were focusing on "dark"? How did the scene expose over-all, etc.

This was the most helpful and appropriate response for someone who's coming in on the Beginners Forum.
Kccaptures, there is a lot of help here on the forum. Just look for the good stuff. I've learned unexpected things from singular sentences in the middle of a post. You never know when you'll see a tidbit that can make things better for you or help you understand something better because of the way it is explained. Some people just have a great way of getting info across that works for you. Bet you could get more assistance if you put up a pic.

I love forums. Not only are the informative but entertaining as well. I'll post some of my most favorite disappointments soon. There are so many it's hard to choose at this point. I appreciate the encouragement and it's much needed at this point! I had originally thought that I'd expected too much from my D90, maybe it's the lense since it's darkest at 300mm, maybe that's the answer but I'd still expected a decent shot. We'll see! I'll have time to post a loon and a bald eagle tomorrow. Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it!

I'm obviously challenged and can't seem to figure out how to get a photo on here, HELP....again!

DSC_0031.jpg

IMG]http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn326/casey_ailene/DSC_0062.jpg[/IMG]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back