Help Wanted editing pics in CS3 :)

Emma-Mary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, i am recently new to photography, i have taken some flower shots and i really would love to know how to edit them in cs3. Cs3 is completely new to me, i only got it today. So what i am asking you guys for is some helpful advice on how to use cs3 and in addition just some helpful advice on editing photos of flowers in general as i am not very creative. If it helps my flowers are shot on a black background and are all pink.

Hi there, i am recently new to photography, i have taken some flower shots and i really would love to know how to edit them in cs3. Cs3 is completely new to me, i only got it today. So what i am asking you guys for is some helpful advice on how to use cs3 and in addition just some helpful advice on editing photos of flowers in general as i am not very creative. If it helps my flowers are shot on a black background and are all pink.

Why don't you show us the images of the flowers so that we can critique and help you out.

The list of things capable in any version of Photoshop is too extensive to sit here and type out. The best way is to assess directly what you need to do.

Good-Tutorials - Photoshop Tutorials — Photo Effects
Good-Tutorials - Photoshop Tutorials — Photo Retouch

There are two links to a tutorial website that may help you out.

What is it about the images that makes you think they need editing?

i dont actually know how to upload images on to this fourum

Welcome aboard. Read THIS to learn how to use the forum and upload images etc.

As mentioned, Photoshop is one of the most in-depth (and complicated) pieces of software that most people will use. You can do just about anything you can imagine with a digital image...but it takes years for people to really get a good understanding of it. There are many, many, many turtorials on the internet...so just google 'Photoshop + Tutorial + [anything you want to do]'

Quik keys to CS3...
1. Most important is to take good pictures to touch up in CS3. PS can make good photos spectacular, but a bad shot stays a bad shot.

2. Levels - adjusting the levels will lighten or darken specific aspects of the photo. You want to adjust these until you have a well balanced "exposure"

3. Curves - Curves will lighten or darken a photo as well...I use curves to fine adjust the colors. After making initial adjustments click on the dropdown menu that says "RGB" this will allow you to choose what color cast you want to adjust.

4. Exposure/Contrast- After Levels and Curves I will go into this setting and see if a contrast adjustment helps.

5. Sharpen...I usually use the "Unsharp Mask" initially here. Then after I crop and resize I return to this and usually just have to hit the "sharpen" option once.

As stated there is so much you can do with CS3 that there is no way to talk you through it all here. These tips are just quik fine tune options that I most commonly use. Practice and just play around with everything until you figure out what they do, and how you can apply them to your taste.

Most reactions

Back