HELP! Weird sensor error?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So as you are all aware by now, I recently bought a Hasselblad H3D 39. I took it out yesterday in about 37* (f) weather to shoot the sunrise. Well... it gave me a weird error on most of my shots. All but one actually. Anybody know what the hell caused this? I'll be taking some more photos with it today and seeing if this persists.

Weird error by Michael Long, on Flickr

Just took a test shot fired into a light bulb to see if I could replicate the issue. Well, it would appear that it's a fluke or a card error. Will try a different card soon.

Aliens ?

Sorry, no help here, unless it was Aliens ...

It's aliens........ with bacon.

If this keeps happening, I'm sending it to KEH to fix it. I need this camera and I need it to work, so...

It was cold when I shot it. Today, the camera got plenty warm (fan kicked in even), and not a single hiccup. I'm chalking this one up to a bad card.

It was cold when I shot it. Today, the camera got plenty warm (fan kicked in even), and not a single hiccup. I'm chalking this one up to a bad card.
s'what I mean.... throw it in the 'fridge for a few hours and see if the problem reappears. MOST problems are heat related, but there's a slim chance it could be cold-related, 'though I agree, a bad card seems a LOT more likely.

condensation ?

condensation ?

Exactly my thinking. Big, hot CCD+cold day on a camera not really intended for this sort of thing. Looks like how I'd expect condensation on the sensor to be.

Otherwise, it's hasselblad. So there's going to be problems :p

I was thinking it could be that too, but it wasn't on every image. In fact, there was an image shot between two with the error that was OK.

Alright, I've come to the conclusion that you guys must be right, that it's condensation. Thankfully. I was seriously worried that it might be a legitimate sensor error.

Most reactions

Back