Help what lenses for nikon d300?

jrizo1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i need some help to get the rigth lenses for a ninkon d300 an every day lenses that i can use in side the house and out side whit my kids in the house and at the park.

thank you for your help.

i do not want to sprd more than 500 dls

50mm f1.8 costs about...$100 and change. GREAT lens. I have a D300 and that lens rarely leaves my camera.

That lens can do SOOO much.
But if you want a zoom...well, I don't know much about what is available for zooms.
Maybe the 55-200mm?
Zooms can get awfully expensive, though.

It sounds like you just want good basic lenses. And not looking for anything top notch. I would suggest you stick with the basic kit lenses. 18-55VR, 55-200VR, and add a 50mm 1.8. The 50mm 1.8 will be a good lens for inside where you might want a little faster lens so you wont have to use flash as much. The other two are Nikon's standard kit lenses. Should be able to get all 3 for $500 with shipping.

I have read some reviews of some of the mid priced lenses like the 16-85VR and quite a few say other than the longer reach, not really worth the extra money over the 18-55 kit lens. Basically the kit lenses are decent lenses. The 18-200VR would cover the range of the 2 kit lenses and gets decent reviews. But is about $650. Not sure how tight to your budget you are.

Just to mention the Sigma 18-200 OC (same as Nikon VR) has scored better in a couple online tests and a magazine. It's about $375. Could get the Sigma and the Nikon 50mm f1.8. Would be a decent combination.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back