Help! What the **** went wrong with this pano???

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, hoping someone can help me with this. I've been using Panorama Maker 3 for a while now, and have always found it to deliver excellent results. On this attempt however:

http://www3.telus.net/public/pennerjw/Stitched_001.JPG

Something has gone seriously wrong, and I have no idea what. I've followed all the basic rules of panos; tripod was level, camera was level, 1/3 overlap (roughly, a little hard to judge the distance in spots)... Anyway, if anyone can give me some insight, I'd really appreciate it.

I've also tried another pano app, and had different, but equally bizarre results.

Woah.. that's really weird.
If it's happening in other panorama software then I reckon it's just the software can't cope with the 'double' horizon you've got there. Coz there are sort of two horizons - one at the water and one above the cloudy stuff. But I've got no idea coz I've never used that software.

You could easily put that into Photoshop and put it together if you understand how layers and masks work.

Also your picture is massive! might wanna try reducing it and then more people will let it load.

well... do you have an option ther such as "barrel correction" ?? see if it is turned on.

cooool, if you scroll sideways through the picture, it has like a wave effect.

yeah so about that, i bet it just got confused with the waves. i've never used a stitching program for my pano's, i just use photoshop, so i dont really know exactly what the program is supposed to do. does it automatically put them together where they think the photos should go?

and one more option.... there should be something like this: cylindrical projection and spherical projecton... I always choose cylindrcal - so the pictures are "straight"... maybe this may help...

in the time you have uploaded the pic, posted and waited for replies, you could have done it yourself in photoshop.

will turner said:
in the time you have uploaded the pic, posted and waited for replies, you could have done it yourself in photoshop.

I suppose I could have. That however was not the point of the post. Thanks all, for the input. I'm thinking that perhaps that "double horizon" that's been mentioned may be the culprit.

Most reactions

Back