Help with a concept.

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Long story short: I have the concept. I just...need to redo it because I tried it a while ago and need it to look better. I want to use it for a friend's show (fairytale themed. Sorta). Not that I expect anyone to buy it, however it is a way to get my name out, AND get some prints for myself (good excuse when you don't have the mad cash flow).

Dscf0013.jpg

I would like to maybe pretend it's a witch melted by water. So I need water, and I'm sure a broom would help.

I was thinking of placing the things in a puddle but then I thought, "What would that say? That a stupid witch accidentally stepped into a puddle or somehow fell in? C'mon. They’re smarter than that." (They are in my world)

So I am totally blanked with ideas. I can’t think of anything aside from a beach, or puddle…..with sunlight…maybe, sunset or sunrise? In a cemetery (I am sick of shooting in a cemetery) Maybe I should get some dry ice (I just thought of this)? I’m trying to brainstorm but I cannot think of a whole lot.

It’s July 10thish I believe. So I have a while to go still.

I’ll be using film (I don't know what type. Myabe even a filter (SF?)...i don't know. :/) and even trying to use my Fujifilm A303 because I have a gross scanner.

Any ideas? Pwease…don’t make me photograph my puppy eyes.

I'd like to see the puppy eyes! :wink:

How about a metal pail lying on its side? Maybe a bit of food coloring in the puddle, like the witch actually melted? And use milk instead of water, to make the puddle look opaque, like it really is essence of melted witch.

Just a few random thoughts.

I thought of the blood puddle too.

Milk eh? Thank you for the tip. I would have just put a bunch of food colouring in muddy puddle..;) lol

I’m not sure about the bucket though. I don't think that is saying what I want it to (I just want it to look like a fairytale. So the bucked would have to be wooden)...like ok...maybe a kid ran by unexpectedly and threw it at her in fear..lol...and there’s the steam coming from her, in a pool of blood is her face/mask, hat and broom?...could even have a kid running away...although city/town doesn’t exactly say 'fairytale'. So I should nix the kid.

Dude, I can so go crazy with this.

Have you thought about having an assistant throw some water on a model dressed as a witch, and with a high enough shutter speed capture the moment of impact and show some pain in the witchs face like they were just hit with acid. Use dry ice or a fog machine to show the chemical reaction to show that water + witch = slow painful entertaining death. This may take several attempts to get it right and a digital camera will save you a lot of time.

What ever you do I would like to see the results and know how you did it.

Sorry umongous. I would love to try something like that, however I don't have the resources. Plus, the mad cash flow is narrow as indicated above.

It's a shame too.

I think it;s best to just be resourceful anyhow. I feel more of a photographer to go with what I have.

I like your idea of the mask and hat. I think you should add some witch's shoes, and maybe stockings or even a gnarly wand.

I'm seeing it in BW, with all the witch's gear lying in a puddle on black asphalt (trying to avoid road markings). The reflection of the sky in the puddle (made with a bucket of water) will make it light on the dark asphalt. The back ground could almost be anything; use a short DOF to obscure. Possibly a child standing in the background, out of focus, holding a bucket.

Thank you very much EVERYONE one ;) Anything else you have will help. Thank you again :)

I thought of it being BW too, whihc is why i wanted to use my mini digital camera because like i said, i have a bad scanner.

Most reactions

Back