Help with a flashgun

Amadeus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got a new flashgun and thought it will be easy to use, but it's not. As the flashgun is Conon's speedlite 580 II, it doesn't work completely automatically on my OlympusE-400. Could someone help me? Where could I find the basics of how to use it? (I have the manual, but I still don't get it...) I was planning to volunteer as a photographer for my son's school, but I would definetly need the flash for indoor pictures... Thanks for help!

I'm not a flash expert but I would switch it to manual and point it onto walls/ceilings etc to bounce the light onto your subject. Remember the colour of the walls you bounch off can tint the image you get though.

That flash was meant to be used with a Canon camera...not an Olympus. You might be able to get away with using it by setting the power manually...but certainly not in auto (TTL) mode.

I might suggest that you return the Canon flash any look for an Olympus FL50 flash.

I got a new flashgun and thought it will be easy to use, but it's not. As the flashgun is Conon's speedlite 580 II, it doesn't work completely automatically on my OlympusE-400.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but wasn't this glaringly obvious before you bought it?

Return it and buy an olympus flash, if you want to use a canon one, than use a canon camera.

Honestly if the flash is a Canon-dedicated flash and has more than one pin on the bottom you should stop using it immediately lest you damage the camera or the flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back