Help with a Nikon N75 SLR

ashizkute

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a problem with my Nikon N75 i was hoping someone could help me with. It seems like the zoom is jammed. I can't turn the lens zoom in or out. It's locked in at 80mm. The camera did fall off of a nightstand onto the carpet about 2 feet, so i'm worried it has something to do with this. But its possible i pressed something to lock the zoom and i just don't know what i did. It's a relatively new camera. Could someone help me? I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thanks so much!

what lens do you have? is it a 28-80 G lens (the lens that comes with it in the kit from nikon) or a differnt lens?

that lens doesnt have any kind of zoom lock. if it wont turn then i think you should take it somewhere to get it looked at.

check if you have a macro switch on the barrel......it could be locked into your maximum zoom setting......if it is switched on macro switch it back to normal.....i have a N75 also with a 55mm lense that has a macro switch on it.....when i first got the camera i would always lock it on accident.....see if that's the problem.....

that lens doesnt have any kind of locks or switches on it

haha okay thanks anyway for your help. I did pay for an extra warranty at Best Buy. I'm hoping that it'll cover fixing the lens. :?

Most reactions

Back