Help with Adobe Raw/Adobe Bridges

karap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all...I am new to the forum and looking for some guidance. I have always loved taking photos and have recently upgraded my camera to a Nikon D60. I rencently got a new lens (NIKOR 50 mm 1.8 a) and have been shooting RAW images. Here's where I am running into problems. My neighbor is an excellent photographer and suggested that I download ADOBE RAW in order to edit my photos. I thought I did everything correctly. However, I am not able to use CS2 or any of the Photoshop programs that are already downloaded into my computer. The only thing that I can use (and this is temporary because it's a free dowload for 30 days) is Adobe Lightroom.
Anyways, even when I go into Adobe Bridges, it will show all of my images but I can only edit those in JPEG.
I guess I just don't really know what I'm doing. Any advice. My husband says that he will unistall the programs that I've installed and we can start from scratch.
I believe that I will also have to edit RAW folders and then convert them back to JPEG. Is there a specific program that I should use in order to do this.
I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance!

your version of cs2 needs to be updated to handle the camera type in raw mode. check the adobe website to find the download.

after opening the raw file and "tweaking" if wanted/needed to can convert to tiff or jpeg, your call.

Most reactions

Back