help with angle

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by wesley cudney, Aug 13, 2005.

1. wesley cudney

wesley cudney TPF Noob!

[​IMG]
    hey guys, i need help with this shot. i'd like to make it work but it just isn't doing it for me right now. mamiya medium and 85mm. 1/500 f8. i know it needs to be cropped but any other changes you think necessary please reply with. thanks.

2. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    this is just me, but i don't nessarily think it needs a crop, the reason being is that it depicts motion the way it is. My only comment would be to perhaps burn out vertical post/chimney in the background.

Another approach you can take is to just crop the childs face and expression, i think it can stand by itself here without the rest of the body & background.

If you can do a search on forum member markc, he had several pictures which he did before and after crops on childrens pics like this which may give you a few ideas. i can find the particulary thread I am thinking about, but its somewhere here in this forum.

3. wesley cudney

wesley cudney TPF Noob!

alright, thanks a lot i'll check into that!

4. ©AnderGraph

©AnderGraph TPF Noob!

i just wanted to pop my head in and say, i love this type of photography, it might have been because i used to look at my dads photography a lot and it had all the charming imperfections that this has, photographs dont have to be perfect technically to be good to the eye.

thanks for sharing this, im not sure i would do much to it to be honest, you could take out the bordering film but its great to look at, you could remove the shadow in the bottom right but i would leave that too :)

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love the expression on this little girl's face. It is a wonderful capture of childhppd exuberance! :D The only cropping suggestion I would make is the top chimney, down to the bushes. Some careful processing is needed here, since she is a mite blown here. And I wish her left hand was in the frame. The shadow is great. :thumbup: This image has great potential. :)

6. wesley cudney

wesley cudney TPF Noob!

okay haha thanks. for some reason i seem to miss hands out of the frame, ah well. but yeah cropping is in the works and i'm thinking of keeping the bottom shadow. thanks though!

7. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

I don't know what you intended, but this is a nice spontaneous (seeming) image. I'd work on the contrast and as one poster said, burn down the white post in the background. But I'm happy with the crop, and the hand being out of the frame helps create a sense of motion for me. I like this one...