Help with bulbs!?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by LB1982, Nov 6, 2009.

1. LB1982

LB1982 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I really need some help!
    Its maybe a very silly question but I got an Interfit INT175 Venus 300 watt 2 head kit.

So they are fine, they came with 100watt light blubs but im using a lasolite highlite and i feel I need something brighter.

So my question is can I use 300 watt light bulbs in these lights? Or even 240/50 watt light bulbs?

I cant find them anywhere?

Im so confused? I can handle photography but I have been doing natural light portraits so bit confused by the whole lighting thing? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

2. Dwig

Dwig TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are strobes or electroinic flashes. They don't use "light bulbs" as their primary light source. They use Xenon flash tubes. There is a secondary "modeling light" that is a conventional incandescent "light blub" but this is not a factor in the exposure. It just provides "preview" lighting. The source I found indicated that the proper modeling light was a 60 watt bulb.

To speak correctly, these are not "300 watt" units. They are "300 watt/second" units. "Watts" and "Watt/Seconds" are rather different terms. There is no way that you can change this power/brightness value by simply changing a bulb to tube. The power/brightness is actually limited by the internal circuitry, primarily the capacitors, and not the flash tube.