Help with CA

Billhyco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Need help determining if this is a chromatic arberation issue or if this is from my flash.....

these and others were posted on another thread but wanted to ask specific questions, not just post them in a viewing gallery. hope that is ok.

Sony @300
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens
Promaster 7500EDF

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

I've never seen this effect except for a couple of days ago with two photos that I took. The lenses and camera I used were both pro level. All other pictures that I took did not have this effect.

Normally, when I see CA, it is less clear. In both your case and mine, we are seeing an electric blue line outline an object in places of high contrast.

In this case, technically, yes, this is major CA, but it is caused by a combination of lighting, colours, contrasts and circumstances more than it is by this lens' ability to handle CA, which is usually a lot less than this blaring effect, and consistent in all shots under all similar circumstances.

Change your lighting technique and see what happens.

For me, it happened only twice, and I just dumped the pics and moved on.

That Tamron is noted for CA in harsh light high contrast shooting. Was the lens wide open? I had that lens when I started and it sits on the shelf now. Best advice is to watch your lighting or try removing some of it in post. The green CA in the top left of the top photo is what I typically got from that lens.

Edit~ sorry, my Tamron was the 75-300. Similar price point though.....so...

no the lens I don't believe was wide open in either pic...infact i am about positive of that. I thought it was my lighting alll along. I went back through some of the other photos and these were by far the worst ones. But a lot of the pictures with high contrast levels seemed to have the same affect, if I used the flash. Going back now to try and fix some things in photoshop, just to see what happens.

i must admit, i am rather dispointed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back