Help with composition

xmtbiker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some ideas on how this winter night shot could have been composed better. Aside from the annoying bright spot and car in the bottom left. :lol: Any other input would be great. Thanks

Having everything in focus would help. Me personally, the building is a BIG distraction, so I would have moved.

Why did you take it?

I was actually waiting for the new years fireworks to start and saw this interesting greenhouse. I have noticed that I did not have the car in the viewfinder but I believe I only see 95% of what the lens does. I am starting to find this annoying. Thanks for the input

It's hard to tell that the greenhouse is your subject.. Perhaps a few steps to the right so you had a better view of it may have resulted on better composition......

As for the car, it is easily cropped out in poost processing...

By the way, this was taken in -32 F. So the camera and operator were not thinking clearly. ;)

Well, the horizon isn't level... to begin with...

I think you could make at least two cool images out this one, just by cropping some things out. I'm going to take some liberties since you've got "okay to edit" feel free to yell at me if not.

Here's the first, it's a little abstract but has some nice elements to it:
Untitled-2-1.jpg

Here's the second, there's good detail down there so lets grab it, sharpen it, color correct and level the horizon:
Untitled-1-2.jpg

There's always "pictures within pictures".

Thanks Joe,
I hadn't really thought of looking at the sky for an abstract or background but it is very appealing.

I think you could make at least two cool images out this one, just by cropping some things out. I'm going to take some liberties since you've got "okay to edit" feel free to yell at me if not.

Here's the first, it's a little abstract but has some nice elements to it:
Untitled-2-1.jpg

Here's the second, there's good detail down there so lets grab it, sharpen it, color correct and level the horizon:
Untitled-1-2.jpg

There's always "pictures within pictures".

The second crop looks great. Whole new image :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back