Help with film processing

wtbarp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me where I can get 35mm film developed and uploaded someware, so I can download them to my computer? I would prefer not to receive prints, as I can print them at home.

Also any information about an inexpensive 35mm film scanner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help, Rod ([email protected])

If your gonna do all that why not just buy a digital camera?

I don't know where you are. BUT...

Most towns / cities will have some camera shops . In the U.K. Jessops and Jacobs are the two biggest chains in MOST high streets. As well as those there are the smaller chains and one offs. There will be Pro labs as well (Look in the phone book). If we know where you are then there will be someone near to you who can give you some more specific information.
You could always try deving your own.....

I use an Epson Perfection 3170 photo. There are always scanners available at your local computer shop. And very often some good deals to be had. But not knowing your location or your budget or your requirements I can't be more specific. A dedicated film scanner will give better results than a flatbed with an adapter. But I have to say that for my purposes the flatbed is "Fit for purpose".
Hope that helps a little....

If your gonna do all that why not just buy a digital camera?
Thanks for your reply. So far the only camera I've ever owned is in my phone. I don't know if photography will interest me enough to make that kind of investment, so I bought a Cannon rebel 35mm w/28-80 lens for 60 bucks. I want to play with this for a while before I spend a lot of money. Thanks again, Rod

Well shoot some photos.. take it to any photo store.. and most will have you a set of photos and a CD if you request it..there are 1000's of places on line that do this also!

Could anyone tell me where I can get 35mm film developed and uploaded someware, so I can download them to my computer?

There are three places near me (near San Francisco) that give you the option of getting your pictures on a CD (whether they're from a film or a digital camera), I'm sure many others exist. I think Walgreens offers this too. I can't comment whether Walgreens does a good job in any other respect, but offering that service is nice.

As well as the local photoshop. There are a lot of super/hyper markets which do the same service. Chemists, print shops and online vendors. etc etc etc. Again without knowing where you are I can't be more specific. If I told you of a good place on Carlton Hill , It wouldn't be a lot of good to you if you live near Alice Springs ! ! ! ,....

There is also this thread which might be of some use to you...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72683

Most reactions

Back