Help with Forum Features

jbylake

Dodging the Men in Black
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure where to post this, but maybe this will work. There are a couple of minor questions on how to do things in this forum. First of all, I notice that people can type something like go "here", and it links them to the intended place, rather than having to insert the whole link.

Also, If I want to quote a piece of a message, or multi-quote a couple of pieces of a few posts, I've been doing the copy/paste thing, or using quote and using the delete key to eliminate the stuff I don't want to include in the quote.

Hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for your help. This info might be in a sticky somewhere here, but I still can't figure it out.

J.:mrgreen:

First question:
Copy the link to the intended web page, including http://
Type the word you want to be the link - like 'here'
Highlight this word.
Go to the toolbar on the top of the message box you are typing in.
Click on the image of the globe - 4th from the right.
A box should appear 'please enter the url of your link'.
Paste the url into this box and click 'OK'.
Job done.

Second question:
Not sure what you are asking there.

Also, If I want to quote a piece of a message, or multi-quote a couple of pieces of a few posts, I've been doing the copy/paste thing, or using quote and using the delete key to eliminate the stuff I don't want to include in the quote.

Hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for your help. This info might be in a sticky somewhere here, but I still can't figure it out.

I'm not quite sure what is your question, but it seems to be about the quote button
quote.gif
(found at the bottom right of a person's post). If you click on the 'quote' button, the person's entire entry appears in the reply box, and you can then delete the portions of it that you won't be referencing.

If you want to quote from several previous posts, you use the "MQ" button
multiquote_off.gif
(to the right of the 'quote' button): by clicking on the MQ button of each post you wish to quote, and then clicking on the 'post reply' button
reply.gif
(on the left near the bottom of the page), all the selected quotes will appear.

Hope this helps.

Also, If I want to quote a piece of a message, or multi-quote a couple of pieces of a few posts, I've been doing the copy/paste thing, or using quote and using the delete key to eliminate the stuff I don't want to include in the quote

I'm not quite sure what is your question, but it seems to be about the quote button
quote.gif
(found at the bottom right of a person's post). If you click on the 'quote' button, the person's entire entry appears in the reply box, and you can then delete the portions of it that you won't be referencing.

If you want to quote from several previous posts, you use the "MQ" button
multiquote_off.gif
(to the right of the 'quote' button): by clicking on the MQ button of each post you wish to quote, and then clicking on the 'post reply' button
reply.gif
(on the left near the bottom of the page), all the selected quotes will appear.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I tried that. Quote and Reply work just find, but still can't get the MQ feature to work. Don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong.

After you have selected the multi quotes ("MQ"s) you want, you have to make sure you click on the "Post Reply" button (at the left edge of your screen), as opposed to the "Post Quick Reply" button (below the box where you type your reply). It works, really.

After you have selected the multi quotes ("MQ"s) you want, you have to make sure you click on the "Post Reply" button (at the left edge of your screen), as opposed to the "Post Quick Reply" button (below the box where you type your reply). It works, really.

Ant..that's cool and all, but aren't you afraid you're going to get H1N1 with that kissy poo icon....:lol:

J.;)

Nope...got the H1N1 shot, so I'm okayed to 'snog' (as they say in other parts of the world.)

(Do I take it you now got the MQ thang to work?)

Nope...got the H1N1 shot, so I'm okayed to 'snog' (as they say in other parts of the world.)

(Do I take it you now got the MQ thang to work?)

Yep, think so. Thanks.

Now, get out of the way, I've got some penguins to skin.:grumpy:

Sheesh, and Canadians take a lot of flak for clubbing baby seals! Yet who stands up for the penguins??!

Sheesh, and Canadians take a lot of flak for clubbing baby seals! Yet who stands up for the penguins??!

Hey, I have no problems with that...love the thud of a club landing squarely on the noggin of a baby seal. Thinkiing of going into the seal OIL business myself, as a "green" non fossil lubricant for Harley's. Just can't find out how much oil, each seal render's....You Go Canadians!:grumpy: P.S., where do those baby seals get off thinking they can take up all of that receding ice space anyway!

P.S., got some really good info on baby oil though.

Most reactions

Back