help with images for web store

AusSyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

A newbie to photography. I have an online store and from time to time when images aren't supplied, I have to take my own. I have a Sony DSC-H3. Nothing crazy. Just enough to take pictures of my kids and family...oh and the products I sell online. I've been at it a couple of times already...load up the pics to my pc and they look awful. I bought two 500w photo light lamps, white background (paper). I'm using the manual settings on the camera with flash. From what I've read so far on here, I shouldn't be using the flash. I've been taking the pics in the basement...also figured out I should probably be close to some natural light so will be bringing my studio upstairs. The products are mostly clothes so I lay them flat, put the camera on a tripod and shoot from above. What I find is that the colour of the product is washed out and not true and the white background is yellowish. I want a true white background and as true a colour of the merchandise as possible - kinda so that it looks like the product is floating. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back