Help with Lightroom please (example included)

natural.disaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why are my images so distorted once i export?
I imported the photo below, made no changes, exported it and its distorted. (i cropped each one so they would be smaller when i uploaded, thats why they are not exactly the same..its just the cropping)

1. Original
4810255299_f6004a3ae0_b.jpg

2. Exported from Lightroom
4810255363_08a27690db_b.jpg

Holy pixellation, I dunno what you're doing wrong but it definitely something, lightroom doesn't just do that to images at random. Just to rule out some obvious things, you're exporting as a jpg with quality at or near 100 right?

Hmm actually looking at it again, your cropped version has larger dimensions than your original. This may have something to do with it. Try playing with the resizing option (as in 'don't enlarge') and the output dpi. Actually, output dpi is probably your problem, try setting it to like 240 or 300 or something.

Both are crops from the original...no resizing done to either..just cropped them quickly so the crop isnt the same...but they both came straight from original size.
I did have quality at 100 but it was still distorting. Ill go back and change settings and try again. I figure it has something to do with the export settings. I read a tut online and set the settings accordingly...(sighs)

You must have resized something somewhere along the lines - your first shot is 1024x718, and your second is 1024x782. Your second shot is a smaller crop of the first one so it has therefore been enlarged to fit the long edge at 1024 pix, and probably at some hopeless dpi resolution.

Something else is afoot. LR does not act that way.

OOOOOOhhhhhhhh, did you notice the noise introduced in the second image? Check your import settings. Something is amiss.

Yay..its doing much better now..thank you sooo much.
Here are my settings now....anything i need to change?

4810940516_8425b2d115_b.jpg

I'd change your colour space to sRGB

Thanks again! Now i can get down to business lol. I messed around with it for hours last night and couldnt get anything useful! Now i probably wont make it to bed tonight! :lol:

Most reactions

Back