Help with my presentation.

TexasJeff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys.
I have to give a 15 minute presentation on a photographer coming up in three weeks and I would like to ask for some help choosing someone.
I like Keith Carter and Gregory Crewdsons ( simpler) work but we have discussed them in depth this year and besides I would like to find someone a bit more obscure, but perhaps in the same vein of those type of artists. It has to be B&W images. I like abstraction and darker themes I suppose. I doesnt matter if the artist manipulates heavily in an editing program so long as the initial medium is the camera. If you missed it buried in the wall of text, it has to be B&W!
If anyone has any suggestions I am open and of course I am looking as well. I have to inform my instructor of my choice by next Monday.
Thanks!
:greenpbl:

Just some photographers that come to mind are:
Diane Arbus
Jerry Uelsmann
Weege (arthur fellig)

I'm not sure if you were looking for more current photographers, but these all have have unique styles and stories.

B&W? Well got to be Ansel Adams even if he isn't obscure!

Google, "History of photography" website by Robert Leggat, every famous or not so, photographer since the birth of the medium gets a mention and some excellent information about each one. H

Most reactions

Back